LensCrafters General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LensCrafters General Manager Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. I first had a phone interview with recruiter. Second interview was with a regional manager than with a second regional manager who I was supposed to meet with. They then job offered me. I countered them for a little more pay and within 24 hours they called be back and I accepted offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LensCrafters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Flowood, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

it was over the phone and the talent recruiter was really nice. asked about work history. gave history lesson. nice conversation with recruiter....last a little over 30 minutes

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

WHAT A JOKE.The process went on for 3 months. Started with a recruiter calling me. The interview went well, normal manager and retail questions. She said she would call back and schedule an interview with the Regional. She never called back. I called 3 times for follow up and received ZERO response. A month and a half went by so I gave up. Out of the blue, I get a call to schedule with Regional. Call went great, had a great bond and rapport with Regional. She said I would receive a call back from recruiter for panel interview. Got a call 2 weeks later to sched. panel. Was supposed to be 3 Regionals and recruiter. This call was rescheduled 3 times due to "traveling" Ended up being one regional. OK, call went well. Received a call 2 weeks later from the recruiter offering me a position as GM. Salary was 15k lower than I was currently making. I politely stated that this would not work. I really wanted to join the company but would need more. It was also warranted on my background ans experience. This was a Friday morning. She informed me that she would have a counter that afternoon. The next Wed I received a test that she would hear something by Fri. That was a month and a half ago. I followed up twice. This company DOES NOT follow up, they are extremely unprofessional and apparently these people do not realize they represent their company!!! I have told this story to many friends and co-workers. Not only will I think twice about doing business with this company, so will the people I have told.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to coach your staff for not performing or meeting goals. This question was asked on every interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Went in and sat down with Regional Manager and was asked questions out my skills. Very smooth casual interview. Got and call form the area manager for a second round. was made an offer about two weeks later. was very happy with the experience.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied through job portal
    Received call from recruiter
    Initial phone interview from recruiter
    2nd phone interview with Regional
    In person interview with Regional, great experience, very thorough
    In person 2nd interview with Central Zone VP, Regional and another manager

Interview Questions

• VP requested to role play a conversation with an under performing associate and what the conversation would sound like. Kept adding more to scenario, very challenging   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

1 month process First with Recruiter and then Regional Manager, 3rd interview with the Lab Regional Manager and 4th interview with location's Doctor. Did get the job. Really enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• General Questions - Questions asking about synergy because it is very beneficial to have the Dr. office, Lab and retail working together in harmony.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Orlando, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a store general manager then I did a phone panel interview with the regional and other general managers. I then did a store panel interview with other regionals. The questions consisted mostly of coaching techniques and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to coach and underperforming employee and what was the result   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I received a call 2 weeks after applying and an interview was scheduled. I went in and met with a general manager. The interview last about an hour and I was told to expect a call if selected. 2 weeks later, another interview was scheduled with the Regional Director of Operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation with a customer and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews, one was in person, the second was over the phone. I was asked basic questions such as "Why LensCrafters? What do you know about us? etc." Ultimately this company only cares about making a profit, so they want to hear about how you can make that happen and what skills and experience you bring to the table to substantiate your claim. They are only looking for key words such as accountability, customer retention, customer conversion, and profit. The Regional Managers honestly do very little, so the more you sound self sufficient, the better you look.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $70k and they agreed right away. Either I asked for too little and they jumped at it, or they were desperate for managers. I have heard stories that they try to low ball you with offers in the 60s or less, but if you say you want something in the 70s or you will walk they eventually cave in.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (East Brunswick, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one involving another store manager and the second involving a regional manager. The questions were pretty standard involving work experience, challenges in current role and ways you solved them, and how you feel you can change the way LensCrafters is run. Lots of business/retail math questions and P&L understanding. You can definitely tell the focus is way more on sales and numbers then the optical end of the business. Most people interacted with were sales/retail background versus optical, like opticians optometrist, etc...

Interview Questions

• What would you do to impact the usage of LensCrafters account not knowing how the program is structured but knowing it needs to account for 10% of sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate base salary, do not rely on commission or monthly bonus.