LensCrafters Lab Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Kingston, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Found position email in my Inbox, so I applied, Within an hour, was asked to come in for an interview, which was strange. They asked basic questions, but when I asked about OTHERS in the lab...the answer was ( after a long pause) "one and she is leaving" So, they need some one trained and fast. Then the one lab tech explained the job and asked if I was handy with tools and can take apart machines. I am, and then it was explained that the machines are to be torn apart and cleaned at closing time, which she said was "a long process" Training is done partially online, then hands on at one of the two locations.The Lab technician is also supposed to take care of the plumbing and Industrial Electricity in the store. There seems to be no maintenance dept in the mall this Lenscrafters was in. Part time is up to 30 hours, but no answer as to schedule and days ( if any ) off. I was advised I would be working long hours if needed and there are no benefits. So, the position should be Lab Technician/Maintenance ( and if you are cross trained) Sales person. For 13 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between Hydraulic and Electricity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LensCrafters

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

I used to interview people for this position. Since no education other than high school diploma is necessary, but it requires training hours that aren't there, it's hard to land a job unless: 1. They are in serious need of someone fast 2. You already have lab experience 3. You have connections with someone already there. They are looking for someone to be fast, have good time management skills, learns from their mistakes, and believe it or not...has good morals, because you will be working with peoples eyesight and the companies inventory.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what was a time you were in a time constrained moment and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview. Basic questions about your previous work experience, how you work under pressure, etc. At conclusion, interviewer will go over pay rate, hours, and shifts. Took about a week for them to notify me whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your free time?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

I came into the store, talked with the General Manager and Lab Manager. It wasn't even a question that I was getting hired, because the hiring process (setting up an account, filling out paperwork, my availability) was mostly what we discussed. It was less of an interview, and more of a "we need bodies, you're hired."

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very laid back and consistent of your basic interview questions. The interview took a few days as you will have to take a basic skills test. Overall it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a lab tech?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submit a application to the store and got a call for an interview pretty soon after background check cleared. Took less than a week. The interview questions were all mainly about how you are as a person and not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you face in a previous job, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat in the back with the lab manager and talked about my past work history and how that could be applied to a job with this company. It was for a part time position. Apparently all the other reviews were pretty spot on about this company trying its hardest not to hire full time. Training period would be for three months at 15-20hrs and after that 15-30hrs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a heavy workload to ensure you would get the job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They were friendly while interviewing. Asked me a lot of technical questions but since i have been in the business for a while it was not hard for me to asnwer.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that suit me better from the working hours

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

2 step interview, drug test is required to start to work. Good at simple algebra.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your major will help you on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When to start and paid for hour.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Dropped off a resume and within a week had an interview scheduled. Not sure what that says about employee retention, buuuuut... The fact the interview was so easy never led me to believe some of the employees were spawn of Satan.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Management looooooooves to hear themselves talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was told a starting wage and that was that.