LensCrafters Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.2

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the district manager. We had a 45 minute interview where she asked specific industry and retail management questions. About two days later the district manager gave me a call and said their was a location in lower manhattan she thought I'd be a good fit for, and I interviewed with that Store manager. I was hired about 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle and unruly customer   Answer Question

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through four different interviews with four different people- who all asked the same or similar questions. I had an interview with two supervisors, GM and the managing doctor before being offered a position.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. I interviewed with the store manager as well as her superior. Preliminary interview was held via phone call... Then at the prospective store. We all met at 8am and had lunch. I received the phone call after the background check cleared.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (White Plains, NY).

Interview

If you are polite, enthused, dressed well, and have a slightly compatible resume you will get called back. You will do a phone test that will tell if your interview will continue.

Interview Questions

• Being nervous I was asked to go in the lab and select a tool for production. Like I said I was nervous. Also, answering what I could do for the company to grow.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tug of war with salary. There are guidelines they stick to.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They were friendly while interviewing. Asked me a lot of technical questions but since i have been in the business for a while it was not hard for me to asnwer.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that suit me better from the working hours

Eyeware Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

The General Manager looked over resume and simply asked, "Tell me about yourself" and "How did you hear about us?" If you seem enthusiastic and friendly, they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called in by a recruiter who was a manager for another store. I interviewed with my potential manager and was then sent to be interviewed by the district manager. I was extended an offer on the spot and accepted. They ask a lot of customer service questions and will do one or two role plays around selling and customer service.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions like, Why lencrafters? Do you know what lenscrafters is? How would you handle a rude customer? etc etc etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I received a call 2 weeks after applying and an interview was scheduled. I went in and met with a general manager. The interview last about an hour and I was told to expect a call if selected. 2 weeks later, another interview was scheduled with the Regional Director of Operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation with a customer and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews, one was in person, the second was over the phone. I was asked basic questions such as "Why LensCrafters? What do you know about us? etc." Ultimately this company only cares about making a profit, so they want to hear about how you can make that happen and what skills and experience you bring to the table to substantiate your claim. They are only looking for key words such as accountability, customer retention, customer conversion, and profit. The Regional Managers honestly do very little, so the more you sound self sufficient, the better you look.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $70k and they agreed right away. Either I asked for too little and they jumped at it, or they were desperate for managers. I have heard stories that they try to low ball you with offers in the 60s or less, but if you say you want something in the 70s or you will walk they eventually cave in.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (East Brunswick, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one involving another store manager and the second involving a regional manager. The questions were pretty standard involving work experience, challenges in current role and ways you solved them, and how you feel you can change the way LensCrafters is run. Lots of business/retail math questions and P&L understanding. You can definitely tell the focus is way more on sales and numbers then the optical end of the business. Most people interacted with were sales/retail background versus optical, like opticians optometrist, etc...

Interview Questions

• What would you do to impact the usage of LensCrafters account not knowing how the program is structured but knowing it needs to account for 10% of sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate base salary, do not rely on commission or monthly bonus.