Leo Burnett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Troy, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke briefly with a recruiter on the phone who invited me to a "speed dating" type interview in their Troy, MI office. During this interview, I met with three different people for fifteen minutes each, each one with a different team and with a different Publicis owned company. After three of these incredibly lax, somewhat random interviews, the recruiter said we would hear in two weeks. At the end of those two weeks, I received a voicemail saying they went a different directions.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions, mostly just explanation about what we would be doing and then asked if it sounds interesting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Went in for an interview for an intern position. The interview went well. I was ask the regular question about my background and motivation. I was also asked about my volunteer work and past experiences in the creative field. Overall it was a good experience, even though the process was very long.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Met about eight different people that were in some way involved with the project I would be working on. Everyone was personable. The recruiter checked in after every interview to ask how I was doing. Overall, it was an ok experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a memoized implementation of the fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a Leo recruiter over the phone who told me they had a position that would be a great fit, but then I didn't get called in to interview until months later. I went into the downtown office and met with a few people from a couple different campaigns, but it seemed like only one of them needed someone. They were all busy and late and came out of other meetings to interview me. I was there for a couple hours. I absolutely loved the place and sent thank yous afterwards, but I never heard a word from anyone there ever again. Not even a no. Very disappointing. I wish I had gotten some kind of communication afterwards, especially since the process was so long and I actually went in.

Associate Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview was handled very poorly by the recruiting team. I received specific instructions from the recruiter regarding where to be. The coordinator was over 15 minutes late and instead of getting me herself, she asked the receptionist to send me to a different floor. Of the four people I was supposed to meet with, I was told two were unavailable. (this was before I met with anyone, so I know it had nothing to do with my performance) I thought the two interviews I did have, including the chat with the VP of finance who would have been my manager went well. I fully expected to hear good news or at least to schedule a follow-up conversation. I never heard anything, even after I sent a thank you notes and a follow-up email to the recruiting team a week later. My time is valuable and I feel disrespected by Leo Burnett for being so unprofessional.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Chicago based recruiter for the position. The job is a contract to optional hire, with the length of the contract expected to be three to six months. The pay during the contract is hourly.

The initial screen was over Skype for video combined with a telephone call for audio. During the on-site interview, everything on your resume is open to being questioned, so you'd want to be sure that you do not have any skills listed on your resume that you cannot substantiate by providing answers to technical questions. I met with the hiring manager who was himself a developer, and with two members of the team. I also spoke with two executives. Each of the four sessions lasted 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was disappointed to be informed that a hiring decision had been delayed indefinitely due to unresolved budgeting matters.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working for a client that sells tobacco products? This is a key necessity.   Answer Question
    • Specify the logic to drive a broken monorail (equivalently an elevator). The goal is to minimize the distance traveled by the monorail while ensuring that people are transported in a timely manner.   Answer Question
    • In Python, when launching a new thread, what is the "target" variable?   Answer Question
    • In Git or Mercurial, what is the relation of a repository to a branch?   Answer Question
    • In SQL, what is the difference between an Inner Join and an Outer Join?   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and started with a phone screen. That seemed to go very well, and then I talked to the Senior Technical PM. He decided to bring me in to meet the rest of the team.

I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview with 7 team members. I spent 30 minutes with each person with no breaks in between. It was exhausting and overkill. Plus, they were super condescending and trashed my current employer (competing agency).

Fast forward 5 weeks and they have literally not said a single word to me. No follow-up whatsoever. So unprofessional after I took a sick day and spent 4 hours of my day there. They could at least tell you no. I'm so turned off by Leo Burnett and do not plan on pursuing any future opportunities here.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, personality fit, project management/organization questions   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a very enjoyable interview. The HR professional minimized stress by making the conversation seem more casual. Many behavior based questions were asked that required a deep self-understanding. Overall, a wonderful company to interview with.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience that was very difficult for you in your professional life and what did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The HR person was very nice. I also had a phone interview with the director she was also nice however i never heard back. I'm not quite sure why I didn't get the job but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to let me know they were very interested in my work. Then they took another 5 days to get the interview scheduled. I had a 9am interview with 4 different creative directors that took about 3.5 hours. it was very casual, almost too casual, but long. I was then led to the door and told they would be in touch. After sending several thank you notes and emails, radio silence. Emails went unanswered for 4 weeks (not even a "we are still in the process, or we will get back to you") until i finally got an email saying they were not interested and I was not the right "fit." but wait, then another email came in saying they might have another position open for an AD/UX creative that they just might be able to modify for my specific talent and background. I was an AD 6 years ago and certainly was not interested in going back for a long shot and /or a lesser title. I also felt very let-down on my expectations of the company itself. I had always aspired to work at Leo Burnett, but I can't see myself going to work for a company with such poor recruiting and communication skills. This was truly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• "so...what's up?" (yes, seriously)   1 Answer