Leo Burnett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Chicago based recruiter for the position. The job is a contract to optional hire, with the length of the contract expected to be three to six months. The pay during the contract is hourly.

The initial screen was over Skype for video combined with a telephone call for audio. During the on-site interview, everything on your resume is open to being questioned, so you'd want to be sure that you do not have any skills listed on your resume that you cannot substantiate by providing answers to technical questions. I met with the hiring manager who was himself a developer, and with two members of the team. I also spoke with two executives. Each of the four sessions lasted 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was disappointed to be informed that a hiring decision had been delayed indefinitely due to unresolved budgeting matters.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working for a client that sells tobacco products? This is a key necessity.   Answer Question
    • Specify the logic to drive a broken monorail (equivalently an elevator). The goal is to minimize the distance traveled by the monorail while ensuring that people are transported in a timely manner.   Answer Question
    • In Python, when launching a new thread, what is the "target" variable?   Answer Question
    • In Git or Mercurial, what is the relation of a repository to a branch?   Answer Question
    • In SQL, what is the difference between an Inner Join and an Outer Join?   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and started with a phone screen. That seemed to go very well, and then I talked to the Senior Technical PM. He decided to bring me in to meet the rest of the team.

I was scheduled for a 4 hour interview with 7 team members. I spent 30 minutes with each person with no breaks in between. It was exhausting and overkill. Plus, they were super condescending and trashed my current employer (competing agency).

Fast forward 5 weeks and they have literally not said a single word to me. No follow-up whatsoever. So unprofessional after I took a sick day and spent 4 hours of my day there. They could at least tell you no. I'm so turned off by Leo Burnett and do not plan on pursuing any future opportunities here.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, personality fit, project management/organization questions   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Long process, but it was great. People at Leo Burnett are nice. We had so many calls because they really want to know who they are hiring. The HR Department was very good. I have nothing to complain about it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was great. They didn't give me too many opportunities to negotiate. But the process was great.

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a very enjoyable interview. The HR professional minimized stress by making the conversation seem more casual. Many behavior based questions were asked that required a deep self-understanding. Overall, a wonderful company to interview with.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience that was very difficult for you in your professional life and what did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Interview

Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I could tell the team cared a lot about who I was as a person and how I would fit in with the rest of the team.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Easy interview. I met with two people from the department. Main questions were about using SAP and former experience. The interview time allotted was 30 minutes for each but they didn't last that long and I thought I did bad because they were so short.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? Are you familiar with SAP?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fast and easy i was very comfortable, the manager saw me right away. She was very calm and easy to talk to. She had very good questions. Some you would not normal receive during an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with the HR team. Chatted about my book. Went around to meet with several other teams. Showed teams my book, and chatted about random stuff like interests and where I was from. Went out to lunch with several teams. Took the L back to O'Hare.

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with 8 different creative directors, but didn't meet with the four main people I would be working under. Put me up in a nice hotel and paid for my flight and all my meals, which was great.

Interview Questions

• What's your story? What do you like to do outside of advertising?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard. The interview was held with HR and the AD. Focused on experience, and the job description. The interview process was relatively short, but detailed in that a lot of information was shared on both interviewer and interviewee parts, prior to the discussion of an offer. Being able to really speak to the account background is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and experience with this type of client?   Answer Question