Leonardo Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leonardo Engineering Interview Questions

2.0

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I initially interviewed with Agusta Westland over the phone in April of 2011. The initial interview consisted of a teleconference between myself and three managers in the engineering department. The initial interview went very well and the managers were eager to bring me in for a 1:1 interview since they needed to fill the position ASAP. I was invited to the company's site, which is located at NE Philadelphia Airport, for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a 1:1 Interview with a woman in HR and a Group/Panel Interview with two of the engineers that had interviewed me over the phone. During the Group/Panel Interview, I was shown engineering drawings while the engineers questioned me on different aspects that related to the work I would be performing. A bit stressful at times, but it was an overall positive experience. The managers stressed that they need me ASAP and that they would expect me to immediately leave my current job if I accepted any offer.

I received a call from HR the following week and was verbally offered the position on a Thursday. I was told to tell them by the following Monday whether I accepted the job. I decided to take the position and called the HR representative on Monday morning to accept the job offer, only to find that the offer had been placed on hold. I was told that five other candidates, who also received job offers, were also waiting for the freeze to be lifted and could not be hired. This was said to reassure me that I am not alone. She told me the position should be available within the next few days. It has been 6 months now and I still have not heard from Agusta Aerospace regarding my verbal offer. I've called the HR department numerous times only to be told that the offer was still valid, but the hold is still in place at the moment. I asked that they alert me if I am no longer under consideration for employment, and they agreed to keep in touch. However, for the last few months, HR will not return my phone calls or respond to emails. I leave messages and never receive a response. I like to believe that this is a reputable company since I was referred by a friend, who is currently employed at this location.

Overall... horrible experience after I received an offer. Interviews were not too bad though.

Interview Questions

• Look at these production drawings and tell me what you understand. How would you install this piece of equipment on Helicopters in an assembly line?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Leonardo

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leonardo in November 2007.

Interview

Initial communication and application process was done through outsourced HR who have a bad reputation for losing paperwork, poor communication and general incompetence. The interviews and assessments were conducted by company managers, who were much more on the ball. Interviews were mainly competency based, not very technical and pretty easy. Assessment process selects for people who are good at interview technique, but not necessarily intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of a job do you most dislike?   1 Answer