Leonardo Interview Questions in Luton, East of England, England | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very simply, well arranged and organised. Unfortunately, despite assurance from the interview panel that I would be informed of the result within one week..... no such information has been passed on. Shame on the Leonardo interview team for giving such assurance and then not having the politeness in seeing the recruitment process through to the end.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Three weeks between being notified an interview was granted and the actual interview taking place was a pretty long wait. Questions for interview preparation not answered - I thought perhaps the recruiter was to blame, but having got some very helpful info the evening before the interview day, realised it was Leonardo people and not the recruiter. I did not even know whether I would be allowed to take my laptop with me.
    The interview itself was fine, though too long was spent over my history, so left no time to explore the job I might have been doing. Followed by a presentation, also fine and all the people I met on the day were friendly and warm.
    I emailed one interviewer to personally thank them for their time and received no response at all. It was three weeks before I had any feedback (not even being notified I hadn't got the job - though by that time I had seen it re-advertised!). When the feedback referred to the presentation as an 'exam question', combined with the lack of information, I feel I have had a luck escape!
    Not a good candidate experience - I just hope it's very different once you're employed there.

Graduate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial online application, with CV and competency questions, followed by psychometric tests and a two day assessment centre.

The assessment centre was an enjoyable process, all staff were lovely and really passionate about their work and the company. The first day consisted of a welcome presentation and a tour of the facilities, with a meal in the evening. Day two consisted of group task, interview, presentation and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly competency based, with some straightforward relevant technical questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

very elaborate application which if you were successful, you had to complete online tests, this was then followed by an assessment centre, which consisted of two days, a hotel stay and everything all expenses paid. Day 1 was an ice breaker, allowing you to learn about the company and meet all the other candidates which was very helpful making you feel comfortable, this was followed by dinner with some of the graduates which was good for advice. Day 2 consisted of; a group-work task, an interview, a written assessment, in the form of an essay which you had to write in an hour, and presentation which was 15 mins long. I was then contacted 2 days after the assessment centre about the result

Software Engineer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application with online psychometric tests. Then invited to a two day assessment centre in Luton.
    On the first day there was a tour of the building and facilities along with a presentation. Then in the evening a meal with current graduate students.
    On the second day I was interviewed by my employers, had a written exercise and prepared a presentation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview with interviewer asking questions out of a booklet. Interviewers were very friendly and gave me an overview of the company and what kind of work I'd be doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked well in a team under pressure.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruitment process was very slow. It took over 3 weeks to process my application and then a further 2 weeks before being invited for interview. The interview was split into two phases. Phase one is a question and answer session on your CV. Phase two is competency based. It would serve you well to practice these online beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Where did you find out about the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have set parameters to work within and negotiating is not really too much of an option. Don't undervalue yourself in the first instance because negotiating once you're in is really difficult

Systems Engineering (Year Placement) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email from the employer, inviting me to an assessment centre day in Luton. My overall experience was very positive.

The day began at 13:00, with a fairly straightforward and relaxed technical interview. I then moved on to a group exercise with two other candidates, in which we were asked to build a 0.5m tower capable of holding a rubber ball using only spaghetti and marshmallows. Finally, I was asked to give a pre-prepared presentation on one of three topics, also including reasons they should employ me.

The day ended with a short tour of the facilities, and time to chat casually with the staff about working at Selex.

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of when you overcame a problem.   Answer Question
    • Please give us an example of when you have worked within a team.   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Practise Situation, Task, Action, Result approach for answering competency-based type interview questions.