Leonie Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leonie Industries

Senior Planer - Afghanistan Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leonie Industries (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter engagement was a cold call was based off my LinkedIn profile which he had seen. After two discussions a phone interview was conducted with senior company reps deployed from their offices. There was some disconnect between the recruiter and H.R. regarding salary and benefits. This caused a counter offer situation to resolve the compensation issues. In the end the issues were not resolved and the offer was rejected due to insufficient compensation.

Interview Questions

• We have your resume, but please tell us more about your experiences?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leonie Industries in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through linked in by a Leonie recruiter, talked with them on the phone it sounded interesting filled out an app, submitted my resume, had a phone interview with the personnel in country and was offered a job the next day. This all took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• About my experiences in MISO   1 Answer

Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Leonie Industries.

Interview

There were a couple of rounds of interviews, first with someone in their home office, then with the team in the field office. Overall, I enjoyed the process and felt like we were interviewing each other to see what the fit would be like. I was a little put off by the fact that some key working conditions (exhaustive hours) were not mentioned by the company, and I only discovered them in the second interview at my own prompting.

Interview Questions

• Why would it be a problem for you to work 80 hours per week, since you won't be allowed to leave the compound anyway?   Answer Question

Strategic Communications Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leonie Industries (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in January 2015.

Interview

I did a phone interview with the Program Manager, the Operations Manager, and the Senior Planner. They asked me several questions about my experience in the industry, then several more to determine if I would be comfortable in their unique working environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly they asked about my experience in the industry.   1 Answer

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leonie Industries (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, and I think the company was rather desperate to fill the position.

One thing that really surprised me was how little the company offered up about the job itself and the working conditions. It was being sold as a comfortable place to live an work as a contractor overseas. However, after I received the job offer, I requested another phone call to get a more accurate picture of the expectations. Only after I went through several pointed questions was I told that the work was to be 80 hours per week, and that the office was just one floor above the housing in the same building. When I said that this should have been more explicit, I was told that this was "normal" in contracting work.

I eventually declined the offer for a variety of reasons. But chief among them was the less-than-transparent feeling that I got from the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience in quantitative research.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.