Les Schwab Tire Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.2

Counter Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponderay, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Ponderay, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Did not hear anything for a couple weeks. Went in and talked to the guy at the counter. He said they just got a new manager so he is still getting his feet on the ground. And to check back later. Also said the workers are mostly getting layoffs due to weather this time of year. And to check back in March.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers in May 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were very generic and not very well thought out. The interview panel was lackluster and low energy. Middle management seems like they are simply there for the paycheck, and were unable to muster much enthusiasm for the company when asked for information. They seem to be going along because they have no real choice, which I got the feeling they resent. They will tell you that they are "family run" and "family oriented", but what they should tell you is that they are business oriented, and definitely not employee oriented.They have a very archaic, controlling management style and company culture. There is no flexibility in work schedules and they have strange, controlling policies such as no facial hair even for non public facing positions. They use manipulative compensation practices, such as placing a huge amount of your compensation in the form of bonuses and mandatory retirement contributions, instead of giving you control over your own money. Of course, this gives more control to the company. For these reasons, I decided to not to pursue employment with this company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "Name your three biggest weaknesses."   1 Answer

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers.

Interview

Came into hiring managers office got hired on the spot. Very friendly well train on the job. Fast pace. dirty environment. Lots of staff to help you get caught up. Full time makes 11. 30 an hour. Interview was easy even if you have no experince. You will have to learn quick or your time at les schwab will be limited. Very fun to learn to new techniques and other rewarding things when helping a customer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can contribute to les schwab better then other people.   Answer Question

Sales and Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back within a week & set up an interview for a week later.
    The interview went very smoothly. Although I was extremely nervous, I clearly had no reason to be. They not only want to get to know you as an employee, but as a person in general, which was very refreshing compared to other interviews I have had in the past. Very profressional & admirable establishment that I couldnt be more happy to become a part of.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us a little about yourself.
      -What is your greatest strengths.
      -Tell us about a situation in which you were presented with a challenging task/project & how did you go about handling & completing that task.
      Answer Question

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers.

Interview

Applied online as a part-timer right out of high school, got a call about a week later from the assistant manager. Had no automotive experience, but was willing to work any amount of hours at minimum wage. Because of that, there really was no interview, just an informal sit-down with the assistant managers. After 2 months, I was moved to full time at a higher wage with benefits.

Interview Questions

• None, I pretty much just came in to fill out paperwork.   Answer Question

LIne Interview

Interview

I applied in person and was told to go to the online portal. I went through the process and never heard back from the company. Fairly typical for a company of this size. I know that they work you pretty hard once you get there though. I will keep trying as it seems that you could do well without a college degree.

Sales and Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (South Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied online & passed their general character assessment. They called me in for an interview several days later. I provided a formatted resume, which was received very well. An assistant manager took me to a meeting room & asked a few basic questions regarding previous employment (not related to position) and about my education (general questions). They mentioned the hiring process required a drug screen and inquired about my status. I confirmed I could pass without issue & they said they would call me to follow up shortly.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to work here?
      What skills did I have?
      1 Answer

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers.

Interview

Pass aptitude test. Be outgoing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Already set

Anonymous Employee in Pendleton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Pendleton, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

It was very strange. I spoke with the assistant manager about the job which was basically a very informal interview. Mostly about my family and my kids and what I liked to do. Only about two questions that actually related to the job and my experience. Then I drove home and was called back in on the same day to speak with the store manager. He sat me down and told me all about Les Schwab and how great the company was. Then he just gloated about himself. Telling me all the store he has been at and how much his yearly salary and bonus was. It was by FAR the most unprofessional, inappropriate interview I have ever sat through.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly just questions that could end up in a discrimination lawsuit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very poor. I wasn't even told how much I was going to make or what job I would be doing. Had I not been desperate for work it would have been a bigger issue.

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Murray, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

Meet with store manager and/or assistant manager and discuss previous work history, your current resume, why you want the job and what makes you think you'd do well in the position you applied for. Also discuss what the job at Les Schwab entails. Fairly standard 1 on 1 interview procedure.