Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First was a short phone interview, which I'm guessing was to gauge personality and ease of communication, considering that's primarily what the job entails. In person is super relaxed as well. The people are incredibly easy to talk to and get excited about what they're doing, even if they're just pretending to be excited

Interview Questions

• Previous experience; including situational questions to see how you'd handle different tasks/problems.   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied with the recruiting company that they work with, I was told that they reviwed my resume and was very impressed with my background, she said I can get you $20/hr. and set me up with a phone interview with the campaign Mngr. Lisa, that went well, she said they would call people back by weekend to come in for in person interview, the agency called me the next day and said she really likes you after the interview how soon could you start!

The day of the interview 30mins. before I received a email that the position has been cancelled and the interview because they do not have enough revenue to support the position any longer and if it becomes available they will call me. That was a few weeks ago, now the position is back online with no pay amount advertised and I was never informed because I'm sure the pay is less now and I was over qualified.

Why attempt to hire people, get them to the final stage then say you don't have the revenue to support the position, it makes candidates feel you guys are incapable of paying them if they were to gain a position. And hearing that about a foundation is quite scary. Makes you appear to have financial issues. Also, don't waste people's time. Don't wait 30min. On the day of the interview to have the temp agency you work with to wait to tell someone you guys can not financially support the position at the last minute then you guys post the job up at a later date with no pay at all advertised.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

I applied for the job online. A few days after applying, I got an email about a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and from there I got an email about the next step. I was brought in for an in-person interview and was offered the job over the phone the next day

Interview Questions

• How does your experience prepare you for this job?   2 Answers

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Straight forward: I applied online and received an email soon after to schedule an in-person interview. I interviewed with the person I would be replacing and the Director. Interview was listed to take 30 minutes, however, it went over 2 hours.

The very next day I receive an email advising they selected another candidate. However, the job posting is still online. Dishonesty raises a RED flag - will not consider this employer in the future.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through a phone interview after which I was invited to the office in NYC. I met with the Donor Development Head and two other employees. We all sat in a circle and we talked about my skills and interests, as well as the details of the position and ongoing projects they had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at LLS?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

Phone interview that explained the work I’ll be doing for the campaign. Very friendly staff searching for enthusiastic and positive individuals. Explained that Internships for non profits are not paid.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in non profit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was short. Three people interviewed me for approximately 20 minutes. Nothing complicated- basic interview questions. Received an offer an hour later. Do your research so you know which department you would like to intern for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Shortly after I was contacted via email for a phone interview. Once I cleared that I had an in-person interview and received an offer shortly after.

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Madison Heights, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

Very easy and straight to the point. Questions are more about you and how you feel about LLS as a non-profit. Questions about what you hope to accomplish to in your time interning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Washington, DC) in December 2008.

Interview

I was already working as a temporary assistant for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and my superiors expressed interest in me applying for a full-time position there. I spoke with several management-level employees of the company about opportunities for me there. Although the process was very informal, it was clear that they had a place for me if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, specifically, if any?   1 Answer

I had to return to school.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very positive, interviewer was helpful and knowledgable about the position. They wanted to know more about the kind of person you were. They were open to teaching you more about the position.