Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Senior Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manger. Pretty straight forward about past experience, etc. The next stage was an in person interview with a panel of three managers. All were very nice and the questions were about past experience, my experience as a manager overseeing direct employees, a couple behavioral questions. About a week later I was asked back to do a half hour presentation to display public speaking skills. They provided me with materials and I had 30 minutes to prepare a presentation was given to the same three managers. The overall process was really enjoyable, the interviewers were straight forward and very nice. I ended up rejecting the offer simply because I had received other offers that were better compensated, but it seems this place has a great company culture and of course a great cause.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the rewards and challenges of being a direct manager? When was a time you worked with high ranking executives who you were trying to get involved in fundraiser? What is your experience in fundraising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email about 3 weeks after submitting my application on a job board website. I had 4 interviews over the course of a week and felt pretty certain based on excellent feedback after each interview that I would receive an offer. I was told to wait a couple of weeks for the process of interview completion. Reached out via email after 10 days to inquire on status and was informed they were not proceeding with an offer of employment. Very nice group of folks, however.

Interview Questions

• Was is your experience in fundraising and why do you think you would be a fit for this role?   Answer Question

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief. Quick resume overview and job description. Nice interviewers and a very relaxed interview in general. No tests: IQ test, drug test; only background test required. Do bring your charm and your A game though.

Interview Questions

• What kind of fundraising experience do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

I have just completed the phone interview which lasted approximately one half hour. I was interviewed by one of the women with whom I would be working. I was told that they would contact me within the next few days if they were going to bring me in for a further interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Did a phone interview with the intern coordinator and then an in person interview with the intern coordinator as well as the people on the team I would be working on

Interview Questions

• How has your past leadership prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for and was screened for the role within the organization, then called for an in-person interview. I believed the in-person went well as I connected with whom would have been my direct report. I never received a callback, however. Where it gets stranger is the fact that I received a call about a week later from a totally different person that I'd never heard of, and she proceeded to screen me again. I had to stop her in the midst and advise her that I was already interviewed in person. She also tried to lowball me when inquiring about salary requirements. My salary expectations had already been discussed, so I was basically waiting on an offer (that I obviously never received). What is most strange about this whole scenario is that I was more than qualified for the role, interviewed well, and got the interview from a personal referral! I was floored at the lack of follow-through and thoroughness in this case. Very disappointing, but perhaps for the best!

Interview Questions

• How did I recruit volunteers for campaigns and what was my strategy for team-building?   Answer Question

Campaign Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

First, there was an in person interview with two team members and then a phone call with the executive director. Overall, it was a pretty standard and easy interview process.

Outreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

Over the phone interview was typical and positive experience. However, I applied for one job and once hired they did the bait and switch. I ended up working on the right campaign but in a lower position with less stability. It seemed the campaign manager was not too keen on what my role was even though she interviewed me. They ended up hiring another person in the role I was hired to be. Their employee portal said one job title and they used a lower title for me in office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LLS?   1 Answer

Campaign Assistant Interview

Interview

When talking to the hiring committee they tried to make the atmosphere as easy to talk in as possible. They seemed to really want to get to know you and what drives you as a person. They are okay with you not having the most experience because they will train you.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online. I was contacted via email for an interview. Met with senior campaign manager in the conference room for the interview. Very informal, lots of dialogue. Overall interview process took 30 minutes.