Level 3 Communications Account Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Level 3 Communications Account Director Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with company recruiter who phone who found me on LinkedIn, I was then scheduled to intereview with the hiring manager who I had a brief phone convo with; I then met him in person one-on-one; I was then to meet serperately witht he Sales VP and interview with him; as well with the local GM; and Director of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• typical past scenerio based questions - giving examples of sales situations, your prior experience in telecom, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations - it was pretty straightforward and packaged out for you.

Other Interview Reviews for Level 3 Communications

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter via LinkedIn who spoke to me to gauge my initial interest first. They then passed me on to the Sr. Recruiter for a phone screen who then scheduled me for an onsite interview with the two hiring managers. They then approved me for the final onsite interview with the general manager. The interviews were scheduled for one hour each. All in all a fairly quick hiring process without too much of a wait.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted just over a month. I had one phone interview with the Level 3 recruiter and three face to face interviews with the hiring manager, solutions engineers and then the district manager. One of the most professional companies I could have dealt with.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by HR manager. Initial screening interview. Very positive. She was very genuine and not arrogant which many HR screeners seem to be. Had 4 interviews. Hiring manager. His direct VP. Another Account Director and last again with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe any of the questions were trick questions or difficult. I did note that as much as they wanted to understand my sales success, they wanted to know my aptitude for learning new systems, and that this would be the most challenging part of the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation. They gave me a good offer up front. Adjusted it slightly in the final offer, and I was very satisfied with the total package.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter, explained role and quizzed on why I would be a fit for L 3. Next was an on-line aptitude test followed by interviews with the Sales Director and finally the General Manager.

Negotiation

There was some negotiation as there were two other positions I was considering at the time. Recruiter was very good at her job and worked hard to bring me on board.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Laborious and redundant. Standard moronic sales-type questions without any consideration for the strategy involved in penetrating Fortune 100 customers. It was a joke and total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me why we should hire you. What are your greatest strengths? What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Thorough Interview process. Personality test as well as face to face interview with hiring mgr. Interviewed with peers. interviewed wtih segment vp,,,,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward, i needed some additional salary, they met me very close to what i asked for and we were good

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2011.

Interview

The internal recruiter set the phone interview between the hiring manager and myself. But, an internal candidate was already set to get the position. I was simply interviewed in order for them to fulfill their due diligence requirements. It was a waste of my time and my respect for their internal recruiter and her business ethics dropped.
    I no longer have the desire to work there even if offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I have 5 minutes to talk. Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 7 parts: First part was a pre-screen phone discussion with Level 3 HR, then an initial in-person interview with the hiring manager (who I would report to), then another in-person meeting with same hiring manager, then I was requested to prepare a proposed plan of how I would address the first 90 days of activity on the job, then I was required to take an on-line assessment test which included a combination of IQ, personality, and work-style questions, then I had a meeting with co-workers and separate meeting again with hiring manager, last was to be a teleconference with VP.

Interview Questions

• I found it a bit unexpected to be requested to prepare a detailed plan of my proposed activity for the first 90-days on job.   Answer Question