Level 3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

NOC Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews on the same day. Each interview is with two managers from the Chandler, AZ location. Each interview lasts 10-15 minutes. Each pair of managers asked briefly about my background. Then they asked specific technical questions to test my knowledge of CCNA level skills. After the interviews I was told they would be contacting me within the next week. Which they did.

Interview Questions

• How do you program a static route in a Cisco router.   1 Answer
    • How would I troubleshoot a router that is not able to ping a specific LAN.   1 Answer

Database Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

The recruiter arranged a conference call as the team was out of state. Was asked a lot on Tableau while the job description clearly only stated required experience on SQL server and Oracle. Someone should've read the job posting before sending it to the recruiters so not to waste everyone's time. Oh well.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter. I wrote a 2 page essay describing my skills and experience. I had a telephone interview with my Senior Manager. I then met with the Senior Accounting Director, the Senior Accounting Manager, a Senior SEC Reporting Director, and a Senior Accountant. I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• What were the factors that made me want to work at Level 3? What were my long term goals? What special skills that I would bring to the role?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with company recruiter who phone who found me on LinkedIn, I was then scheduled to intereview with the hiring manager who I had a brief phone convo with; I then met him in person one-on-one; I was then to meet serperately witht he Sales VP and interview with him; as well with the local GM; and Director of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• typical past scenerio based questions - giving examples of sales situations, your prior experience in telecom, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations - it was pretty straightforward and packaged out for you.

Planner Interview

Interview

in person interview on site with different managers from different teams. no phone screening, contacted by internal recruiter. relaxed situation in one of the meeting rooms. sometimes will be interviewed over a skype call with remote managers.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The upper level Management just made decision without regard for the current employee input or opinion and brought the person in at a higher salary than the rest of the people.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter via LinkedIn who spoke to me to gauge my initial interest first. They then passed me on to the Sr. Recruiter for a phone screen who then scheduled me for an onsite interview with the two hiring managers. They then approved me for the final onsite interview with the general manager. The interviews were scheduled for one hour each. All in all a fairly quick hiring process without too much of a wait.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Well designed and quick. I had 3 rounds.
    General Questionnaire - expereinces, availability, programming skills, salary expectations
    Behavioral -conflict resolution, team management, approaches to different problems
    Technical - Mostly to review thought process - to check the insights of technology or programming technical knowedge

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions
      Reversing string, method overload, overriding, is-a, has-a relationship   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

My experience internally is that greatly varies by person. Some are very professional, some have no idea how to interview. I have been with the company for a few years through an acquisition of my prior company, so I never interviewed as a new hire with Level 3

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? 10 years? Very standard question yes, always asked.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with four managers the same day on the Broomfield campus. Great experience, talked about my resume and my interests. It was not very technical although I was asked about my proficiency in different programming languages.

Sales Support Associate Global Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive, be prepared for multiple interviews. Initial interview will be with a recruiter that will last about 30 minutes or longer going over your previous work history. If the recruiter finds you are a potential good fit they will schedule the next interview with the Director of Global Sales during this interview you will speak with a current SSA who will describe the job duties and ask some general questions about previous experience. After that is compete the Director of Global Sales who will ask about previous experience why Level 3, and provide an extensive overview of what the job entails, expectations and some basic interview questions. If he/she believes you would be a good fit they will set up two additional interviews with Account Directors which could be phone or in person these interviews are pretty causal it is more of a character interview to see if you will jive with the team. If all goes well with the last two interviews the recruiter will contact you usually pretty quickly, to let you know they will be drafting a offer contingent on a background check. They will also ask you for anywhere from 3-5 references with good contact phone numbers, they will actually call these references and if they can't reach them it WILL hold up your start date. Overall the process was very extensive but they really make sure the role is a good fit for you as well as the company.