Level 3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Littleton, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then the same week they arranged the in-person interview. The same day of the interview I was contacted with an offer. The next day we completed all the paperwork and background check. Overall, the hiring process took about a week.

NOC Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews on the same day. Each interview is with two managers from the Chandler, AZ location. Each interview lasts 10-15 minutes. Each pair of managers asked briefly about my background. Then they asked specific technical questions to test my knowledge of CCNA level skills. After the interviews I was told they would be contacting me within the next week. Which they did.

Interview Questions

• How do you program a static route in a Cisco router.   1 Answer
    • How would I troubleshoot a router that is not able to ping a specific LAN.   1 Answer

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Business Analyst II on 12-8, roughly a month later I received a call from Level 3 asking to schedule a first round interview. Upon entering the building I checked in at their welcome computer and waited 15-20mins. At which point I was greeted and taken into a conference room.
    I interviewed with three sets of four people. From my interpretation Level 3 was evaluating me for other positions besides the Business Analyst II. The questions were very standard and entry level, I was then escorted out. Roughly two weeks later I received an e-mail informing me they were not proceeding with my candidacy.

Staffing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. 1 on site visit for a different job that I didn't get but I met my Level 3 supervisor for about 4 minutes. Then they offered me the position a week later.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Informal interview, started with a telephone discussion with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person interview. After that, two additional interviews; one technical, one sales focused. All three interviews were very different. After that, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter to put together the offer letter. VERY IMPORTANT; whatever the recruiter promises, make sure you get it in writing!

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent sales opportunity that you helped the Account Director close?   1 Answer

IP Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Received E-Mail from hiring manager who had found my resume on a career site inquiring if I would be interested in meeting for an interview. Accepted and went to the interview. Basic three candidate-group interview with four managers of different divisions in the company. First three managers were very nice and pleasant. Thought I had the interview in the bag until the fourth manager came in who seemed to be completely checked out and was not engaging. Was a complete personality mismatch and could tell he had zero interest in me as a candidate, at times criticizing my answers to questions and downplaying my military experience in IT. Left interview being told I would hear back, offer or no offer, from somebody within the next 7-10 days. It's been over two months and I never heard from anyone and my phone calls and emails have not been returned. The interview process was good all the way up til the fourth manager and I am okay with not receiving an offer but it stinks being told I'll hear something back then I don't hear anything from anybody and all of my phone calls are not returned and email's not replied to.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a switch and a router?   Answer Question
    • Explain all the routing protocols you know and their purpose.   1 Answer
    • Use an adjective to best describe your greatest strength. What would your current (last) boss say is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Tulsa, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

I connected with the recruiter over the phone. She asked basic resume questions and went over the position. She then had her scheduler set up face to face a few days later. I met with the Sales Manager and followed up with an elevator pitch over level 3. They offered after the holidays followed by an in depth background check. After that was completed, I was clear to start.

Interview Questions

• How does your software connect to all business units simultaneously?   Answer Question

Field Technician Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with 3 people in each round. Was a little intimidated at first but the process was fairly smooth. For being such a large and serious company everyone who interviewed me was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• That dreaded question; What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Met with hiring manager, then HR. Was offered a contract position, then offered a full-time position 3 months later. Salary range was lower than most. Campus was beautiful. Met with hiring manager in cafeteria.

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Comprehensive. I got to meet with the hiring manager that I would be working for and some of the team members and once I was a finalist, I talked with my managers boss and some of them that I would be supporting. All of my questions were answered through out the process.