Level 3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Level 3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2015.

Interview

Some time after applying at Level 3, I was contacted by their recruiter to schedule and come in for an interview. I didn't know until I got there that I was scheduled with two other people at the same time. We were told we would then rotate among three groups of three people, each group working with a different department in the company. Each group asked overall the same questions, but each had unique ones tailored to their department. After finishing up, each of us spoke to a rep. from an outside company L3 works with to train new-hires to get certified...but they won't cover the cost.

Overall it wasn't a bad interview experience and was one I hadn't experienced before. Two weeks later, I got my job offer. I later learned from talking with other people in my class (IP Bootcamp) that they didn't wait nearly two weeks before hearing back so it must not be a standard wait time. I also had to wait an additional month after my offer to start the class due to the timing of the class.

Interview Questions

• I had one group in particular ask me various questions about the OSI model (ie. which layer does what, which layer does a router belong and why?)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Level 3?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First Internal Recruiter, than with Sales Manager. Followed with GM. Lots of focus on new business skills and experience. Coming from outside the industry it was important to focus on why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why would I make a good candidate?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

The hiring process was incredibly long, and no one moves fast. However, each person I spoke with was very considerate and helpful. The interview itself last over 2.5 hours, during which there was a lot of general discussion about past employment, life goals and culture. I spoke with different individuals on the team, which was actually great as it wasn't high pressure and they would all be people I would work with - so it gave a wider range of the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• There were no incredibly difficult off-the-wall questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through the website and was contacted by a recruited who set an onsite interview with the managers. In person interview was relaxed; I felt like they were selling me the position more than I wanted. It was short and sweet.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2015.

Interview

First started with a phone interview with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. This was followed up with a second phone interview about one week later with another recruiter for 30 minutes. 3 days later I was asked to do a video panel interview (I live out of state from position location) with 4 recruiters who asked a variety of questions and challenged me on a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company's products?   1 Answer

OSP ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was slightly lengthy with all of the background checks and all. It took several weeks because I was a contractor at one point and they check every place that you ever lived.

Interview Questions

• what are your qualifications   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

quick - phone interview, followed by an in-personal interview , followed by two more interviews.pretty standard - they move quick. be prepared to answer questions about the company and what you know about them

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

HR then 3 rounds of technical , worst process of recruitment , all the time half a dozen people will be there eager to prove their talent in asking questions

Interview Questions

• basic Linux commands and web logic basics   2 Answers

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Some were inspiring, others were fumbling. Lack of consistent approach. Hard to understand what was expected. Good managers always are refreshing and less experienced ones are left to fend for themselves.

Interview Questions

• How do I work with others. What is my philosophy for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview with VP, because I was recommended by the Account Director. This VP was new to the division and likely had already made his decision prior to granting me the interview, so it was a formality.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you for this job?   1 Answer