Levi Strauss Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I've been through 2 stages of interview - first screening interview with HR and the interview with the head of the department. Both were very friendly, asked reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• - Why do I want to work for Levi's?
    - What was my past experience of working in a cross-functional team?
    - What is my level of proficiency in MS Excel?
    - My former employers   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Levi Strauss

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Guildford, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the position I applied for has been available for 5 months which just shows you something either about that store or the store manager!

An interview was set up by the internal recruiter and I was told to bring a SWOT relating to driving footfall.
    The interview process it's self was ok. He wasn't reading of a sheet of questions he just broke down each area of retail and asked questions relating to that. (Product, customer service, staff, operations)
    He then asked if I'd done the SWOT and to talk through that. I could tell from his response as I was talking through it that he was unimpressed with what I'd done.

I've done enough of these interviews now to know that at the end of it, it all comes down to personality. Can I get along with this person? I knew leaving the interview I wasn't going to be offered the role. He just didn't like me. He had this air of superiority about him and clearly thought he was better then just working at this store. He made so many snarky comments and made me feel so little.

I don't like leaving such negative reviews about someone but this is the most uncomfortable interview I've ever had, an it lasted for an hour!

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring process is structured.. it starts with a phone interview from HR... if satisfied.. interview with immediate manager is scheduled.. passing this with dept. head along with HR.. if satisfied then final meeting with HR on compensation.... side by side they also do reference checks.....

Negotiation

negotiate very hard on compensation... they keep buffer and generally release monies based on how hard you negotiate...Levis as a company is known to have satisfactory compensation..grab as much as you can initially..yearly increment is avg. 8% only..

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss in November 2009.

Interview

I was applying for a store outside the state that i was currently living in. I applied on-line and interviewed with a recruiter. My next interview was a one-on-one in person interview with a store manager at a local Levi store. After that I had a 3rd interview (in person) with the District Manager for the store I was interested in. I had a 4th interview over the phone with the manager of the store I was interested in. The store manager said that he would call me back after the holiday rush but i never heard anything from them. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and I was pretty shocked when I did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a associate that is constantly underperforming and what do you do to help them get to where they need to be?   Answer Question