Levin Furniture Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Levin Furniture Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Levin Furniture

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Oakwood Village, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levin Furniture (Oakwood Village, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Pleasant, nice exchange back and forth. Answered all my questions. I met with John and Steve who were personable and direct in the interview. Reviewed my previous experience and where I might need to expand and improve.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Levin Furniture

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levin Furniture (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call first about my interest in the position. I then received an email where I filled out some more information about myself and work experience. After the email, I took part in a video interview where my answers were recorded and sent to HR. From there I received another call discussing the business even more and they set up an in person interview. In person I sat with the store manager for a little under an hour and discussed the business a little more in depth and what my position would entail. Upon leaving the interview I was told that if I was interested in the position to think it over, give them a call and we would further go through the process. After a couple days of thinking and weighing my options, I called back and set up a time where I could stop in for my drug test. They sent me to a local lab for the test and then gave me a call a week later letting me know that I passed and they asked when I was available to begin.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to sell furniture?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall a time where you were put into a situation where you had to make a decision without the help of a supervisor/manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Levin Furniture (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It's a long process to get hired in at Levin Furniture. A preliminary application must be filled out online, then the recruiter asks you to do a video interview, which consists of 5 questions. If you pass that, the next stage is an online assessment similar to a brief psychological test. Then you will either have one or two actual interviews with store management. Then they confer with the Recruiter to be sure the candidate is a good fit. If so, you are offered the position. The office staff, as well as the salespeople, are very easy to speak with and they all seem quite satisfied with their jobs. You may interview with the store manager as well as the sales manager on two separate occasions, as they want to be sure you're a good fit for their store.

Interview Questions

• Questions include what are you looking for in a work environment, what is your definition of success, what do you hope to earn, your greatest personal achievement, what would your prior employers say are your best and worse traits, what can you being to our team?   1 Answer

Levins is trying to reduce their costs in paying benefits by hiring part time associates, but they work almost as many hours as the full timers, and their is a lot of training without pay, since it's all commission. Plus the salespeople are on an up system, where everyone takes turns waiting on customers, but with extra part time associates it may be hard to make as much commission...too many salespeople in some stores. Most other stores offer a base plus commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Levin Furniture in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Conducted phone interview with basic questions about past experiences. Conducted in-person interview asking sales related questions (main goal was to seemingly determine what the sales associate would do with unruly customers). Took drug test. Was offered job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levin Furniture.

Interview

After the initial application you get called in for a person to person interview and if that goes well you complete a video interview. The interview atmosphere was very relaxed and covered basic skills and sales style. The hardest part of the online interview was that it never loaded correctly and I was asked to resubmit...

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straightforward and focused on sales skill and work values/ethics   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Levin Furniture (Greensburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I filed out a short application online, was contacted and interviewed by phone. Then I filled out a more detailed, lengthy application. After that, there was a video interview with 5 questions and a personality survey. I then met with the Store Manager for a face to face interview. I took a drug screening test and had a background check done.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be your greatest success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. There is a set Draw amount/month against commission.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Levin Furniture (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the regional manager and the other with a store manager. Pretty straightforward. The hardest part was waiting for a final answer and the decision on which store I would be working.