Levy Restaurants Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bartender EDC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They had us fill out a huge hiring packet. To top it off once we were finished the two women they had interviewing people were unprofessional. They were on their phones majority of the time then to top of off they only went through your packet they did not interview you at all. They cared less to know about me, they asked no questions about how I'd fit the job. They also gave bad information claiming we would need to go to a second interview in Nevada when the email they sent said we could choose to go to Dodgers stadium or Las Vegas to do the interviews. When I was filling out the packet I overheard their conversations with some of the bartenders applying. They were basically picking favorites only interviewing some. The rest of us just got our applications looked at then were sent on our merry way. Two of the most unprofessional people I've dealt with in my entire career as a bartender.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants (Portland, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

Can you walk and talk? They hire ANYONE who is clean and can do both of those things. Qualifications of experience is NOT important to them. No joke. go on craigslist they are always hiring.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk or talk. They ask no questions. No drug test. People of color, most likely they will not hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What negotiation? Worked there for a decade. They needed bodies and they know I can deliver fast and efficiently .

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was straight forward during open call. The process was to walk-in; application fill-out; interview with manager; take drug test. Manager reviewed application and discussed experience. Not a difficult process. After interview, drug test is immediately scheduled and you are sent to contract testing facility. Notification of hire is immediate and HR paperwork is is completed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. All questions were just general inquiries about service experience and guest service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants (Green Bay, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

Basic Interview, Described Position and what was expected, Informed Average Pay with tips, gave tour, went over benefit package, discussed Orientation process, discussed promotion possibilities

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation -- informed of pay rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Simple 1:1 Interview with questions about my experince

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy Restaurants in April 2011.

Interview

Levy put an ad in the newspaper to hire staff for the Spring Meet at Churchill Downs, so I went and applied to be a bartender. I filled out a paper application, and was offered an interview on the spot. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, with the main question being, "Have you actually tended bar in a full service bar before." Since I had, and I listed my manager as a reference, they said they would call him and be in touch. I got the job offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience tending bar in a full service bar?   1 Answer
    • Are you accurate with your money count? Can you rapidly calculate total costs and change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.