Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.4

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called almost 2 hours after I had posted my resume in our college job postings board. They were extremely honest about the tediousness of the job which I appreciated. Once I told them that I was okay with that, they had me in for an interview within the week. It was essentially a formality to make sure I wasn't a crazy person. The job itself consisted of me being stuck in a windowless room surrounded by boxes that needed to be organized, so it wasn't like it was a strenuous interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I applied for a specific group, but was called in to interview for an entirely different practice group! Person I met with was completely unprepared for the interview. It seemed as if he did not see my resume until I sat down in front of him for the interview. He asked basic questions, probably because he wasn't prepared. During interview, he was checking his emails and phone. He did not appear to be interested in interviewing at all and interrupted me constantly while I was speaking. I was told that I should be expecting a call back in the coming weeks regarding his decision. I don't expect one based on his demeanor and attitude. Very off-putting.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly. I received an invitation to interview the same day I applied. I interviewed and was offered a position within two days. I was asked to accept or decline the offer within two days thereafter.

I saw red flags almost immediately. I was scheduled to interview with a Human Resources representative first, and then a partner. The HR person with whom I was scheduled to interview was almost a half hour late to meet with me. I sat waiting patiently after flying in from out of town, and was not offered much of an explanation for the delay. The individual apparently did not realize I was coming in from out of town, though my application materials provided this information. The rest of the HR interview went fine. It was a pretty standard back and forth about benefits, etc. I indicated I was available to start in about two months, as I was moving to the city. I was told the firm would be flexible.

I was then taken to meet with the head of the practice group. This went well- he was fairly nice and asked typical questions. Then I met with another partner. Similarly good exchange. Then, a third: not so great. It was clear that billable hours were absolutely the most critical factor, and nothing else about me as an applicant seemed to matter.

I received an offer, with another on the table at a different firm. The offer was pretty good- not amazing, but good. In light of the fact that I was entertaining another offer, I asked for my start date, to fully evaluate my options. HR told me that could be discussed, but first, I would need to accept the offer. I decided to accept, as the salary offer beat the other firm's. HR then indicated they would be willing to cooperatively negotiate my start date, following my show of acceptance.

Fast forward one week: my proposed start date was rejected. I then, requested starting the week prior, and then the week before that. HR showed that the firm was actually not willing to be flexible, despite the 6 hour move I will be making to start the job. I was told that my offer was rescinded as a result of start date issue. I asked when might be an acceptable start date, and was told that was the end of discussion. I never received an alternate start date. I explained my disappointment that I accepted the job in good faith, and declined another good offer to take the position. I was told that this was a business move. Apparently this is how business is done there. Be careful.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Asked about resume, background, if able to handle fast-paced environment. Met with three attorneys at once and went over resume, how firm is set up and expectations. Stated there would be additional interview following first interview if they decided to continue with process.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. First interview, i met with 2 Partners in the particular group that I was applying for. They were Very nice. Asked me about my resume, why I wanted to leave my current employment and why Lewis Brisbois and that particular group. They informed me they do in fact have an hourly minimum but aim for 2000-2100 yearly. I also met an associate within the group at the first interview, which was helpful. At the second round interview the next week, I met with the Partner in charge that I would be reporting to. Very short interview. Before the second interview, they asked for writing samples and references, which they actually called. Received an offer at the second interview and I asked for time to make a decision. Feels very much like a big firm and that you would be working alot but the salary is pretty high and the bonus structure is good.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had every been formally reviewed and if so, what was something I was told to work on or improve upon.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Fist step is to meet accounts payable supervisors and the next step is to meet accounts payable manager. The interview procedure lasted more than 1 hour. You should drink a lot of water before you starts interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was average. I did not feel as if the interviewer was prepared to interview me, despite the interview being scheduled a week in advance. The interviewer scrambled around the office for me to meet with 2 other attorneys in the legal department, subject to the interview. I was not impressed. Worst, the firm to this day have not sent me a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic questions about the litigation practice area pertaining to the interview. The questions were basic and easy, but remember, I don't believe the person interviewing me was prepared.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Meet in person with secretarial supervisor for general question/answer interview. Discuss skills and experience and then proceed with extremely extensive skills testing. Testing can make the interview process at least 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to prioritize your workload when supporting more than 1 attorney?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was with a partner. Very relaxed and laid back. Second interview was with a partner and the managing partner for the department. Really focused on seeing what you want to do and if that matches with what they need you for. They want passionate people.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview and overall a good experience. The interviewer was very prepared and asked specific questions. Typical litigation firm questions. The atmosphere was friendly and personal.