Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with the office manager. It was followed by an on-site interview with two partners in the practice group. I interviewed with both partners at the same time. It was relatively short - approximately 45 minutes - and they asked typical questions regarding my ability to bill and the importance of communicating with clients and follow-up.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

First, I was interviewed in Los Angeles via OCI. I then got a call-back interview the next week and was interviewed at the office in San Francisco. It was fairly casual, but the questions were tough.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Someone reached out to me after a linkedin submission, but there must have been a long delay because I did not even remember applying by the time they reached out. Interviewer was very nice and vibe was pretty casual. I interviewed with one jr. partner and it lasted a half hour or so. He asked for my writing sample after. They did throw out on the spot that they had a min. billable hours of 2100, which is on the high end. I had a pleasant interview but wasn't in love with the firm--they never followed up with me one way or the other and I never did either so I guess it was mutual. If you are waiting to hear back from them you should follow up because their recruitment doesn't seem all that on top of things. Overall I had a nice time.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Atlanta, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

It was very informal. The first step was a lunch where we discussed the firm in general terms rather than specifics. The next step was another meeting to discuss specifics. The whole process was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to make a move.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

met with one managing partner and he asked me questions for approximately 20 minutes. The conversation was more interview like than it was a casual conversation. The partner was very serious and formal. I was told that the next process would be a call back and then having to interview with 4 other partners.

Interview Questions

• why this area of law
      have you read about millennial in the workspace and what is your opinion on the situation
      what is an accomplishment you are proud of
      what are your strengths   Answer Question

Records Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

You meet with the administrative assistant first. Then you speak with the office manager. Finally, you meet with the records director. The interview questions are pretty simple. I think as long as you do not bomb the interview, you have a high chance of getting hired. They are always looking for more people to add on.

Associate Attorney Interview

Interview

Applied via email, got an email back within 20 minutes scheduling an interview. Two rounds of interviews, one with the partner of the practice group, the other with the managing partner. Mostly just chatting, asking about who you are as a person and what you like to do.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Challenging to get a response from the Partner in charge of the section I for which I was applying. There would be months with no reply, then expressed interest because my skill set was a good match and I knew others with similar experience getting hired there, but then my emails would go unanswered again. I actually made it as far as the interview, once, and my references were checked and they expressed an interest in moving forward, but again, no further communication. It was very frustrating to never know where I stood in the hiring process. I eventually gave up.

Interview Questions

• About trial experience. They want people who have done first chair jury trials.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Had a phone screen, then brought in for a meeting with the Marketing Manager and a video interview with someone from a different office. I had about a 30 minute conversation with each.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current position that would help in this position?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith in January 2019.

Interview

I was called for an interview after sending my resume to their HR manager. I interviewed with the managing partner and two others, and I also got to speak with a younger associate. The interview was incredibly positive, and everyone I spoke to was very welcoming and accommodating to me. I interviewed on a Friday and was extended an offer, which then was officially given to me by the HR manager two (business) days later.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Easy questions, friendly, calm, not stressful and a lot of fun. They were on time; they asked questions and they allowed me to ask any questions that I liked. They told me about the benefits and they showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• What did I want in my ideal job?   1 Answer