Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I applied for a specific group, but was called in to interview for an entirely different practice group! Person I met with was completely unprepared for the interview. It seemed as if he did not see my resume until I sat down in front of him for the interview. He asked basic questions, probably because he wasn't prepared. During interview, he was checking his emails and phone. He did not appear to be interested in interviewing at all and interrupted me constantly while I was speaking. I was told that I should be expecting a call back in the coming weeks regarding his decision. I don't expect one based on his demeanor and attitude. Very off-putting.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Asked about resume, background, if able to handle fast-paced environment. Met with three attorneys at once and went over resume, how firm is set up and expectations. Stated there would be additional interview following first interview if they decided to continue with process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. First interview, i met with 2 Partners in the particular group that I was applying for. They were Very nice. Asked me about my resume, why I wanted to leave my current employment and why Lewis Brisbois and that particular group. They informed me they do in fact have an hourly minimum but aim for 2000-2100 yearly. I also met an associate within the group at the first interview, which was helpful. At the second round interview the next week, I met with the Partner in charge that I would be reporting to. Very short interview. Before the second interview, they asked for writing samples and references, which they actually called. Received an offer at the second interview and I asked for time to make a decision. Feels very much like a big firm and that you would be working alot but the salary is pretty high and the bonus structure is good.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had every been formally reviewed and if so, what was something I was told to work on or improve upon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was average. I did not feel as if the interviewer was prepared to interview me, despite the interview being scheduled a week in advance. The interviewer scrambled around the office for me to meet with 2 other attorneys in the legal department, subject to the interview. I was not impressed. Worst, the firm to this day have not sent me a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic questions about the litigation practice area pertaining to the interview. The questions were basic and easy, but remember, I don't believe the person interviewing me was prepared.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Meet in person with secretarial supervisor for general question/answer interview. Discuss skills and experience and then proceed with extremely extensive skills testing. Testing can make the interview process at least 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to prioritize your workload when supporting more than 1 attorney?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview and overall a good experience. The interviewer was very prepared and asked specific questions. Typical litigation firm questions. The atmosphere was friendly and personal.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed once with the office manager, then was offered the job in a subsequent telephone conversation. Did not get to meet attorneys or anyone I would be working for. In retrospect, this was a mistake. I shouldn't have taken the job on such little information about the people I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked the normal questions about work history, why I left previous jobs. They asked if I liked working for male or female attorneys better and if I preferred working with partners or associates. In the end, it didn't seem to matter how they assigned the attorneys anyway. They asked if I had experience filing motions. (This was a heavy litigation desk.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly quick. I went through a recruiter. They offered a set salary which was decent. My recruiter asked them for more, just to see what they'd say. They did not offer more, saying none of their existing secretaries made more than that. I have no idea if that was true, but I accepted the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview, the majority of questions were plucked from your standard interview guide, very few curve balls. Interviewer was surprisingly candid about the firm. Make sure you have substantive questions prepared for the interviewer. Screener interview should last between twenty to thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, explain law review work, focus on current experience rather than past   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in response to a posted position. I heard back in about 10 days. I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. I met with 2 partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to generate business from clients.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Houston Texas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with hiring manager. She didn't ask me any questions. She explained the process and that was it. I thought it seemed promising but weeks later still no response. I wish employers would send a courtesy email stating they filled the position. Don't leave people hanging

Interview Questions

• Do have experience with efiling   1 Answer