LexisNexis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Miamisburg, OH).

Interview

Initial screening call with HR or a recruiter to determine fit. Move on to a panel interview. They provide feedback to the hiring manager, whom you'll end up interviewing with as the final step. A presentation is sometimes requested throughout the process to help them get a feel for your strengths & weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome substantial obstacles to close a sale.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Springboro, OH).

Interview

The questions were fare. Panel interview and 1 on 1 interview. Had a phone skill assessment as well ..
    They made me feel comfortable during the interview. I am trying to get this answer over 30 words so I can continue on to the next screen.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis.

Interview

It was an interview after one of the Hack-a-thon organised by LexisNexis on campus.
    The interview was pretty informal and did not involve a lot of technical details.
    They were looking for candidates to have quick responses and best approach to solve a problem.
    It took them over a week to come up with a reply after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deploy a software which is not perfect but needs to be deployed instantly.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone round and then two on-site for internship
    Phone round is completely behavior based
    The two onsite one was technical and the other was project based
    The first technical round was 30 min and so was the second round where my projects design was discussed in great detail

Interview Questions

• two sum and basic java questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called on site for two rounds(one Technical and one behavioral) of interviews, half an hour each. I emailed the HR for an interview opportunity, which she replied with the date and time of the interview. I had to email HR for 4 times to get her reply. At the end, it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• In technical round, I was asked one question each from the following topics
      Parallel programming - Related to threading, parent and child process order of execution.
      DBMS - How many joins are there in a relational database?
      SQL Query
      A brain teaser - In a bouquet the flowers are as follows: All but 2 are roses, all but 2 are tulips, all but 2 are daisies. So how many flowers are there in the bouquet?
      1 Answer

Office of Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already working for company, position was posted and I applied through the Human Resources Department. I had to notify my present manager of my interest in the new position which was not awkward at all. I met with the Office Services Manager in a very very relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No issues arose

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Dayton, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and received a screening interview around a week later. Just basic questions about myself and the company were asked. I am still awaiting the results of that interview and the next step is to do an in person interview at lexisnexis.

Telephonic Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews, then asked to interview with a couple managers, role play, and job shadow. The two manager played the "good cop, bad cop," routine to a T.

It took 3 weeks from the first phone interview to going into the office. After the interviews I did not hear anything back (even after follow up emails), until I reached back put to a recruiter. 3 weeks after the interview I was told that they had chosen someone else but had another position for me.

This is a very disorganized process that seems to just push you further and further away for the mediocre position.

Social Media/Digital Marketing Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Miamisburg, OH).

Interview

It was not a very long process. They were quick to get me hired.They were to the point and the steps I was required to take didn't take much time to complete.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

To sum it up: quick and simple. First, I came through a recruiter. Within a week of submitting my resume to LexisNexis, I had an interview scheduled. The interview was focused on my personality (cultural fit), how I approach/solve problems, the technologies I'm familiar with, and what qualities I'm looking for in a job.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question
    • What challenges you? Followed by why did it challenge you and how did you approach the situation/problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and painless. My counter offer was accepted immediately.