LexisNexis Legal & Professional Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Account Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

You will interview with a lot of people. Be prepared to do a presentation. Questions are based on target selection. Be sure to give specific examples based on past experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a highly matrixed environment and describe your role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

over the course of a week I had a phone interview with the person who I would be reporting to, a short personality ssesment, a one hour face to face inyterview with the same person a phone interview with his counterpart in LA that lasted about 2030 minutes, another very lengthy assesment that included math ,vocabulary qnd a numbver of either/or type questions.
    Everything was go go go and then
    No No No
    Neither manger I talked to could answer questions about their renewal percentages or the number of customers in the vacant territory,
    all red flags for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (North Sacramento, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Lengthy! But I understand it's in line with other interview processes, so hence the neutral rating. I experienced the same pattern. A flurry of activity at the beginning and then a long wait of several months. I reached out to HR and the hiring dept manager: heard from the manager, but she was waiting on decision from HR. HR responded months later and it was to bring me in for another interview. However, soon after that, the decision was made and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Give an example from prior positions where you dealt with a difficult client?   Answer Question
    • What would you improve about yourself? What are the areas of opportunity for improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a confirmation of application receipt. Approx 1 week later rec'd a call from nice recruiter who asked some general background questions. She told me that she would permit me to speak with the hiring manager. Hiring manager called at designated time and asked me some more detailed questions about my experience.
    Soon thereafter, the recruiter called wrote back to inform me that I am invited to interview in person in a week or so. Interviewed with hiring manager and her boss, it took about 45min and seemed to go well. I wroted a thank you to all parties involved and waited. And waited. And waited. Left a VM for recuiter once and heard nothing back. Emailed her a week later and she said that they have only spoken with people that have been ruled out, so I was happy.
    Waited and waited and waited and finaly wrote again after seeing the posting afresh online. She told me I didn't get it. I doubt she would have told me anything if I didn't pester her. It was an honor to be considered but a pain in the posterior process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle multiple projects that may have pressing attention needs?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online after referred by current employee. Met with two managers. One was in a restaurant, and the other was in a hotel room. Both interviews were very casual and comfortable. The position I was interviewing for was very much about sales, promotions and managing accounts. Therefore, it was more of a personality-style interview. Lots of comfortable talk about past experiences, job expectations, company culture and personal talk.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things that motivate you.   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about entertaining clients after hours in events like dinners, golf outings, ballgames, etc. (May not seem like a tough question, but when you are married with kids, you don't want to commit to being gone around the clock.)   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

2 stage process.
    First stage: Informal
    Second stage: Business plan presentation

The first stage of the interview was great getting to know the account director, he made me feel at ease and it was nothing too challenging - just a general chit chat to see if I would fit in the company culturally.

Second stage was the tricky part. There were two people present, the account director and his boss. The boss was difficult to read...they ask thorough questions about the companies products etc and ask competency based questions to see how you articulate yourself and if you are the right fit for the company.

I was told the whole process takes around 4 weeks before they make an offer. Although I didn't get an offer, all in all great experience, great company and whoever gets the job - consider yourself very lucky as the account director (Martin) is lovely and very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Describe a time where you showed great attention to detail? Why Lexis Nexis?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Expect a lengthy interview process, meeting with many people.

Interview Questions

• Give us a 5 minute presentation on any topic you choose.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation