LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions in Dayton, OH | Glassdoor

3.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Casual, however in-depth questions. Hour long session, with a tour, and job shadow. They asked questions about my sales experience. They asked about the sales process. I was able to tour the entire place and received a gift after my interview. The job shadow was calm and casual. The sales reps didn't seem very busy and the woman I shadowed said it was not a hard position. And that pay starts out at $26k.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went well. The recruiter let me know that she wanted to schedule a follow up call with myself and the hiring managers, and that I could expect to hear back from her by email the following week. I never heard another word. I sent her an email to thank her for her time and inquire about next steps, but did not receive a response. How inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Strictly phone interviews arranged through a recruiter. Interviewers were extremely professional and pretty thorough in their questions. Nothing off the wall; just normal screening interview questions. But, in two different situations, I was told they were only interested in internal candidates. The first time, I understood completely as it's a good idea to promote from within whenever possible. They came back to me a second time after the first internal candidate didn't work out as planned. I was set up with a different interviewer and he clearly outlined the process as to how things would work. Again, I was told they'd decided to not move forward with me, even though the hiring manager admitted I was a great candidate, and that they were only going to move internal candidates to the next step. What a complete waste of time. These folks should really only seek outside candidates once they've exhausted all their internal options. I have serious doubts that I'd ever consider these guys again given this process. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good leader? How does having a sales background help you to be a leader?   Answer Question

Global Operations Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Good, relaxed and comfortable. Not intimidating. The interview was within a reasonable timeframe and a positive experience. The impression I got was that it was a company that offered growth; however, most of the team of approximately 13 trainees, only had the opportunity to work at LexisNexis before our jobs were dismissed during the Philippines gaining employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiation from what I understood. Starting hourly base was at the company's discretion

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Miamisburg, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

2 separate interview appointments. Each with at least 2 people in the meeting. Both meeting were with structured questions, but felt easy going with room to chit chat. To prep, I studied some behavioral interview questions, which helped a lot with some of there questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   1 Answer

Sales Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, phone interview with manager in person group interview. The phone screen was just a bunch of generic canned questions. The manager phone interview was what I would consider the real interview after I passed that the in person interview was just to run me by a few more people at the office

Legal Project Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

They use the Star method. Situation, task, answer, result. Be prepared to format your answer to fit this pattern. Typical interview questions. Describe a difficult coworker, difficult boss, how did you cut costs and save money. They want to know the problems you faced, how you reacted and what the results were.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

There were separate and series of interviews with the peers first. The following week was an interview with the supervisor where this position will report to. General and behavioral questions. Nothing that you can not answer if you have prepared for these types of questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Questions

• To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   1 Answer