LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Legal Project Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

They use the Star method. Situation, task, answer, result. Be prepared to format your answer to fit this pattern. Typical interview questions. Describe a difficult coworker, difficult boss, how did you cut costs and save money. They want to know the problems you faced, how you reacted and what the results were.

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Questions

• To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Horsham, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone screen, then a 1 hour phone interview with dept. manager. The next step was a 3 hour in person multi-interview. The in-person interview was with the department head, then HR generalist, then HR manager. All consisted of routine question ad nauseum about my background, not much regarding the open position. Many red flags were raised considering the position. It is very undefined. The dept. currently exists of only the manager. There are no plans for much growth (3-4 sales position after 2 years!), despite the company is marketing a newer technology. They appear to be not very opptimistic. With over 10 years of sales experience in the tech sector, i would not recommend interviewing for this position, unless, in a dire employment situation.

Interview Questions

• Define your technical sales experience.   1 Answer

I withdrew my application 6 weeks after my interview. After not hearing about the status of my application, despite numerous attempts to contact HR, I withdrew my application. One would expect a courtesy follow up after a grueling 3 hour interview. Fortunately, I interviewed with a more "professional" technology firm and accepted their offer after a much more defined and logical interview process.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process without any followup from the recruiter or company. Final interview required a power point presentation with very limited information provided and 1 day to prepare. Was promised a response either way which I never received. If the interview process is anything like that actual job, a lot of preparation and hard work without any acknowledgment than I guess not getting an offer was for the best.

Interview Questions

• If you knew your most recent position was going to be so challenging and difficult then why did you take it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

30 phone screen, followed by on-site 1/2 day in person interview loop with 6 technical leads (3 interview with 2 in pair) and finally one manager. They were experienced and interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the hardest problem you had to solve in last few years   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

It took a while to get an interview, but once the interview was scheduled then the process was very quick. The decision was made very quickly and the start date was negotiable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First step is a phone interview. one or more people. They are not asking simple functionality, like String and StringBuffer, be prepared to talk about high level processing. i twill be more than 30 minutes, they really get into digging deep down.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for anything. Will not be a simple chat, make sure you prepare.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Was recruited internally for the position. Phone interview and then three separate interviews in the office that lasted most of the day. It came down to me and another internal.

Interview Questions

• This was several years ago and I don't remember the specific questions. As I already knew what the job would entail and the people involved it was probably the typical "what would do" how would you handle etc questions   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Longer interview process. Took 4 interviews with time in between. First stage is an initial phone interview, then that moves into an in person interview with a manager. If that goes well you will have to do a field ride or 2 and that will turn into a final meeting with the Vp of sales. If all that goes well you should receive the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked the full spectrum of all interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question