LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

V Interviews Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH).

Interview

You will meet with up to 7 different sales managers in one or two sessions individually. They want to see how well you know the sales process and how motivated you are. Sell yourself and make a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are there in NYC? How did you come up with that number?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted approximately a month later for an initial phone interview with an HR rep. Within days, I was emailed to schedule an interview with an AE in that region and we scheduled a phone interview a few days out. I was then emailed to schedule a third interview with another AE, which I scheduled for the same day as the second interview. The questions in both interviews were not exactly the same, but the gist was. After speaking with them both, approximately a week later, I was offered a slightly longer phone interview with the regional manager and another AE in the region. A couple days after completing that interview, I was alerted that I was invited to an in person interview in the city that the position would be based in and asked to complete a personality indicator. The in person interview included a persuasive presentation and a role playing segment, following a panel interview by the regional manager and a few AEs. Following the in person interview, I had a final interview with a different HR representative for a total of 6 interviews. While all of the interviewers were friendly, the process was so taxing and so much time had been put into the process that not being offered the position is a bigger let down, than it would have been otherwise.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, but there is an expectation that at the in person interview, you're clear enough about the job description to present a pretty spot on 90 day business plan.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2013.

Interview

A few phone calls before a face-to-face. The initial calls were short and the interviewer cut to the chase. It seemed curt, but also very efficient. Face-to-face went well. They asked the standard questions, but really seemed like they wanted to see if I had a personality that fit the company culture

Interview Questions

• They asked what relevant work experience I had   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

The interviewed process was standard for a company of its size. First a phone interview, followed by one interview with manager and than director.The on boarding process took about three weeks to process.

Document Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (San Juan, PR) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Not enough details on Job to be performed. Yet, very professional. During an interview I like to be informed of the duties and tasks to be performed. Also any other clerical or administrative duties has to be informed. This in order to make an adequate desicion and to compare salary vs those duties. This way, I can make a better decision.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Interview

Appeared for 2 interviews with 2 different hiring managers for a 2nd and 3rd level SEO Specialist. Interviews went very well and I was able to answer most questions confidently. However, both times I did NOT get any feedback from the hiring managers, not even a rejection. Hate companies/managers/people who do not give feedback or even bother to give a answer after the interview. If you don't want to give an answer then DO NOT waste our time. Will NEVER appear for any other interviews ever with this company. Management should take a note of this and change their policy to at least reply to candidates who most often take a half day to appear for an interview. We deserve to know at least the outcome - I don't care if we are rejected but need feedback. Our time is precious. Extremely disappointed!

Interview Questions

• What are the 2 things that you expect in a work place?   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

First contact was a phone call to set up a phone screen. After the phone screen there was a couple week wait and then a call for a face-to-face. Just prior to this meeting was another call from the company helping to explain how the details of the interview. After the face-to-face interview, and being told I was being moved on to the next phase, there was silence for two weeks until the scheduler finally returned my messages ans explained that another candidate had been hired.

Interview Questions

• A presentation was part of the interview process and although I was allowed to present on my current career, I work in a niche industry. I am not sure the interviewer completely understood what I did for a living and how it related   Answer Question

Lexis Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Managing Representative would scout students during their first year of law school for those particularly inclined to research. You could apply either at their recommendation or independently. Interview process was casual, mostly to assess candidate's ability to communicate with students.

Interview Questions

• What would be your other commitments during the school year in addition to school and working for Lexis?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary only.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Very fast! Phone interview one day, panel interview the next, final round interview the following week with head of Human Resources, segment director, and Vice President of Legal Research.

Interview Questions

• Someone living or dead that you look up to and why.   1 Answer

Client Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple stage with phone and in-person

Interview Questions

• Name a time at your current job where you made a mistake and how you corrected it or didn't   Answer Question