LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.5

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview followed by panel interview on the LexisNexis campus. Very pleasant experience and people. They have an incredible work culture and I highly recommend. I only declined for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• The standard strength and weakened questions, obstacles I have had to overcome, and questions about the sales process.   Answer Question

M&A Legal Coverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with two interviews conducted by the HR in US and then in Canada and I only made it through the HR interviews. The interviewers were friendly and curious and seemed to be from law backgrounds as well. They explained the position well and also seemed to accomodate requests for information. Overall a good experience.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Interview

Appeared for 2 interviews with 2 different hiring managers for a 2nd and 3rd level SEO Specialist. Interviews went very well and I was able to answer most questions confidently. However, both times I did NOT get any feedback from the hiring managers, not even a rejection. Hate companies/managers/people who do not give feedback or even bother to give a answer after the interview. If you don't want to give an answer then DO NOT waste our time. Will NEVER appear for any other interviews ever with this company. Management should take a note of this and change their policy to at least reply to candidates who most often take a half day to appear for an interview. We deserve to know at least the outcome - I don't care if we are rejected but need feedback. Our time is precious. Extremely disappointed!

Interview Questions

• What are the 2 things that you expect in a work place?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Was recruited internally for the position. Phone interview and then three separate interviews in the office that lasted most of the day. It came down to me and another internal.

Interview Questions

• This was several years ago and I don't remember the specific questions. As I already knew what the job would entail and the people involved it was probably the typical "what would do" how would you handle etc questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews were ok, nothing unusual, asked typical questions about work experience, personality, some logic and situational questions. On site interviews- another story. People there seemed really fake to say the least. They were being nice out of necessity, and you can clearly tell from the get go whether you got the job or not.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New Providence, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question

Content Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was email response to on-line job application, this was about 10 days after I had submitted the application. In response to the email telephone contact was made. A telephone interview was scheduled with the manager of the group doing the hiring. This initial interview lasted about 1 hour. A follow-up telephone interview was scheduled with a person currently doing a similar job. This took place 4 days after the first interview, it also lasted about 1 hour. A final face-to-face interview took place 3 days later (this involved travel). I accepted an offer from a different company before receiving an offer from Nexis Lexis.

Interview Questions

• What process do you follow when developing a data model when working with subject matter experts?   1 Answer

Received more appropriate offer from another company

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New Providence, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for a development position, offered another position within the same dept.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself longterm?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and got contacted by email two weeks after my application. We set up a date for a phone interview. The first round was fairly straightforward for an analyst position in finance, I talked about my resume, experience and answered a couple of questions on finance, including valuation and a couple of definitions. Second round was more experience-based, as I was asked to detail my responsibilities in my positions.