LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews were ok, nothing unusual, asked typical questions about work experience, personality, some logic and situational questions. On site interviews- another story. People there seemed really fake to say the least. They were being nice out of necessity, and you can clearly tell from the get go whether you got the job or not.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I don't really remember since it was a while ago, but I believe that it started with phone interview, then in-person, followed by personality test. After the in-person interview, I was told that I was hired, but still needed to take personality test and then a background check was done. You will be asked to sign a non-compete.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

This was an easy interview process. Easy questions and basic stuff that you can get asked.
    Manager gave situational questions and I answered well. Then they asked about hobbies and interest. They also asked about work life balance views.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

A typical in-person interview. I met the HR rep and the hiring authority; discussed the position and where my background might be a match. Then I met two potential teammates, chatted with them about their departments.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the technical background required for this job?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and got contacted by email two weeks after my application. We set up a date for a phone interview. The first round was fairly straightforward for an analyst position in finance, I talked about my resume, experience and answered a couple of questions on finance, including valuation and a couple of definitions. Second round was more experience-based, as I was asked to detail my responsibilities in my positions.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview followed by panel interview on the LexisNexis campus. Very pleasant experience and people. They have an incredible work culture and I highly recommend. I only declined for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• The standard strength and weakened questions, obstacles I have had to overcome, and questions about the sales process.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with multiple team members, toward the end there were 2 on-site trips to NYC. Lots of focus on the product and strategy - the PM role was very business-oriented. The interview process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• Present 3 different enhancement ideas for the product and prioritize in detail.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in March 2007.

Interview

The career website is clunky, hard to navigate and difficult to search. I had second thoughts about even applying after seeing both the company site (http://www.lexisnexis.com) and then my experience with the career site trying to find the jobl If I hadn't been given a recommendation by a friend who worked for LexisNexis, I probably wouldn't have applied. However, once my application was received and my interviews scheduled, I was delighted. I was flown to both Dayton and New York. The HR representative was warm, and the questions asked gave me the opportunity to highlight my personality traits and work practices that would prove beneficial to the company along with my skill set and experience. My initial interview was a phone interview with the HR representative. My second interview was at the headquarters in New York, NY where I met with executive management. I was impressed with the warmth and enthusiasm of the senior directors and global VPs I met with and, again, I was given an opportunity to point out personal traits that enhanced my skills. My third interview was in Dayton with the technical people who I would work closely with on the project I was hired for. The fact I met with executives on my first in-face interview was both intimidating and told me an important thing about the company: The senior management was engaged and had personal interest in those hired for LexisNexis. The travel arrangements were tailored to my needs and adjusted when I had a conflict. The culture of LexisNexis was described in all my interviews, both phone and in-person - it is a family-friendly company and, as best as it can, encourages a health work/life balance. I was told, and have found to be true, that LexisNexis is devoted to service to the communities in which we work and live as well as in areas of the world that are struggling with legal issues.
    If you are given the opportunity to interview with LexisNexis, be prepared for talking with a variety of people at different levels in the company, including senior VPs, HR representatives and managers, potential colleagues and even those who are not directly involved in the position's area. Be neat, clean and have a copy of your resume with you, as well as any applicable samples of work. Be prepared to be scrutinized on your personality, work practices and views on current legal issues. As painful as it is, read through the company's website and get an idea of the products and services offered; then Google LexisNexis to find recent news on it so you can intelligently discuss others' view of LexisNexis as well as news affecting the company. LexisNexis is also a proponent for home-based employees; if this is your preference, be sure to have supporting evidence as to why you would be a good fit as a home-based worker.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest weakness.   1 Answer
    • Discuss what advantages and disadvantages there are to Web 2.0   1 Answer
    • While I can't remember the exact questions, I was asked very specific questions about a few software packages, and web applications, that I had little experience with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate not moving to Dayton or New York - a deal-breaker since my situation does not allow relocation. I was offered the opportunity to work at home; however, I prefer being in an office and the company went through some rather large obstacles to find me a seat in a local office.
    For salary, I was able to negotiate a 10% raise from my current position's salary - if I had really researched the average salary for the position and been better at negotation, I probably could have gotten a higher salary. However, I made one mistake. I didn't compare the benefit costs between the two companies and, basically, ended up with a little more than 1%. In any job, There are soft benefits, however, such as two days a year for volunteer work, a very flexible schedule and the opportunity to work at home.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round 4 and second round 2

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question