LexisNexis Legal & Professional Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

It was a phone interview with an HR. I met her before at a career fair and received an email from her about the interview.

NexisLexis has 2 business: Law and Risk. I am more interested in the Risk business. So I hoped that there were positions available for that. However, the job was not what I expected. It is a sale representative for the Law business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2013.

Interview

A few phone calls before a face-to-face. The initial calls were short and the interviewer cut to the chase. It seemed curt, but also very efficient. Face-to-face went well. They asked the standard questions, but really seemed like they wanted to see if I had a personality that fit the company culture

Interview Questions

• They asked what relevant work experience I had   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

they asked me to put together a powerpoint, as though I was selling the product - social media solutions to lawyers

Interview Questions

• talking about competition, again like you're in a sales role   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty simple... they just are slow at making decisions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Not counting interactions with their recruiter (who was great), there were two phone interviews, a face to face with a regional manager and a group interview (including a PP based sales pitch where "I closed them", according to the VP) with two RM's and a sales VP. The only upside is that it was good practice for the next mid-level sales job that I apply for. The LN guys were all pleasant enough but it would be great if they could go on instinct a little more.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process. I got in through a friend introduction - sent letter of interest to Regional Manager. Spoke briefly by phone, and was handed over to the HR process. HR took me through the paperwork, initial phone screen, etc. Then had series of 1:1 interviews in office. Waited 2 weeks and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical uninspiring questions: Tell me why we should hire you? What is your greatest weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

My boss found me via Monster.com. She emailed me. We exchanged emails and later spoke by phone. We met at the Orlando airport. We mostly talked about my then-current position as well as the position for which I was interviewing. Not many tough questions. It seemed like my boss was evaluating whether I would fit into her group.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different level managers following an initial phone interview. Very selective in hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Unknown (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Unknown (Bangladesh)) in August 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter; initial phone interview; interview one on one with Regional Manager. Last interview as with Regional Manager and Vice President of Sales. Typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Don't Remember-nothing difficult at all. The recruiter was top notch and was well prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. I took the offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

Two face to face interviews plus a presentation
    Also opportunity to meet the team that I would be working with
    Open about the role and the requirements needed to be a success

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult client who is saying "no"   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a