LexisNexis Legal & Professional Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After a phone screen I finally landed an in-person interview. It was very awkward from the beginning. The hiring manger sent a calendar invite with the location of "My Office." Sure, "My Office" might be recognized by his browser and log in credentials, but nobody else's (remember that this is an IT manager). After emailing for clarification, he didn't reply until five minutes before the scheduled interview. Luckily I had found the headquarters but still didn't know which building, etc. He replied "When you enter the campus there are two buildings on your left. Go to the entrance." This still didn't clarify whether one of the two buildings on the left or the main building. I managed to enter the main building, although it wasn't the one he was trying to tell me, he found me nonetheless. The people were friendly, didn't notice anything cult-like. Pretty standard interview despite being interrupted by someone attempting to deliver an ergonomic chair. I elaborated on my experiences with x, y and z appropriately. The very next day I received a rejection email. Next please.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with functional programming languages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Bellevue, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview.
    Length: 1.5 hours.
    Requirements: Solving programming questions ( NetMeeting used for submitting solutions).
    Programming language: Python
    Type of questions: List manipulations, usage of iterators and generators, difference between lists and tuples, list comprehensive, knowledge about getters and setters

Interview Questions

• In what cases lists cannot be used but only tuples?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

To sum it up: quick and simple. First, I came through a recruiter. Within a week of submitting my resume to LexisNexis, I had an interview scheduled. The interview was focused on my personality (cultural fit), how I approach/solve problems, the technologies I'm familiar with, and what qualities I'm looking for in a job.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question
    • What challenges you? Followed by why did it challenge you and how did you approach the situation/problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and painless. My counter offer was accepted immediately.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through company website. process took 3 week from date of application. First phone screening then phone round and a technical round on phone. Notch technical questions just few questions about java fundamentals, my background project skills. The Interviewer was more curious about telling me more about company which I knew already. Never heard from them back did follow up's still no answer.

Interview Questions

• Java fundamentals questions and few questions on XSLT, J2EE related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Interview (Resume, Algos, Interests)
    2. On-site Interview
    - First round, generic resume based questions, OOP Concepts, DBMS, Data Structures and Algorithms.
    - Second round, I was asked to explain in detail about my internship experience and the challenges I faced and how I dealt with them. More OOP questions.
    3. A final chat with the hiring manager, Java Memory Management Questions, Internship project overview, job responsibilities etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. LinkedList Manipulation
      2. Explain 3 different sorting algorithms, Run Time Complexity, Space-Time Complexity and walkthrough with an example.   Answer Question