LexisNexis Legal & Professional Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Technical Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

3.5

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Bellevue, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was phoned by a recruiter who quizzed me about prior experience and asked if I was interested. She setup a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. After that, it seemed I passed the major hurdle, they invited me to a team interview, which amounted to a chance for the team of writers to ask questions. This interview/meeting was pretty easy and the team was very relaxed. I think for this job, they were just interested in getting someone in as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• They ask about tool skills acquisition and seemed more interested in aptitude than specific tool experience. They seemed to be very interested in finding out what kind of a person you are to work around. Attitude and willingness seemed to count for a lot.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The whole process was pretty professional. I was contacted by an in house recruiter maybe two weeks after applying online. She asked a few basic interview questions and scheduled a time for me to speak with the hiring manager a week later. The second interview was also by phone. The manager asked many situational and technical questions. If I hadn't prepared ahead of time I would have slipped up. Over all she was lovely and very considerate of my time. The third interview was by phone. It consisted of the hiring manager and two other senior technical writers from the company asking a lot of technical questions regarding my work process in my previous position. I received the fourth interview two weeks later. It was at the Alpharetta location with a few more people from the team. They asked a few situational questions but afterwards it was more of a meet and greet.

Interview Questions

• If you had to complete a project within a certain time frame and you knew it couldn't be done, how would you handle it?   Answer Question