Lexmark International Interview Questions in Ashburn, VA | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Interview Questions in Ashburn, VA

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by their internal recruiter (who, by the way, is not an employee but a contractor). I had an initial telephone screening with her and then she told me that I would be contacted the next week by their CFO. A date and time had been arranged for him to call me. He blew me off and I had to call the recruiter to let her know that he had missed our scheduled meeting. That should have been my first red flag with this company. She rescheduled our phone screen and I connected with the CFO. I then was scheduled to come into their office in Ashburn and meet with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the EA to the President of the company and the HR Director. All went so well they made me a verbal offer and discussed my start date and contacted all my references. They got back to me that my references were excellent and they were working on getting my salary approved by their "audit committee". That all took place on July 11th and it is now August 13th and they totally disappeared and I have never heard from them again. I always say "the best that you will ever be treated by a company is during the recruiting process." And if this is the best I will ever be treated, well, you can keep your job and good luck to the next candidate. I have never, in my 30 year career, EVER been treated so unprofessionally by an organization.

Negotiation

My advice to other applicants/candidates is to run as fast as you can away from this totally unprofessional corporation.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

This was not a good experience. After submitting my resume, I was immediately asked to take an IQ & Personality assessment that took two hours to complete. I was advised that if I did not complete the assessment within 48 hours of being notified to take it that my qualifications would not be considered for employment. I had not even had an opportunity to speak with anyone about the company or the position before having to donate two hours of my time to this company. Note to recruiters: Do not ask for this much of a time commitment from candidates without at least first speaking to them and finding out if there is a potenial match for moving forward in the process.

Two weeks after submitting the assessment, I received an email from the recruiter requesting a 30-minute informational call. The call had to be rescheduled several times because the recruiter either missed the scheduled time all-together or declined to respond to messages confirming a time. On several occasions when he missed the scheduled time, he tried to call me later from the car or while at lunch. He may have been really busy, but I found this to be very unprofessional and not a good first impression of the company.

When we did finally speak, it sounded like he was in a restaurant or some other public place with lots of background noise. The only thing he wanted to know was exactly how much specific experience in the exact same role I had. If that was all he wanted to know, he could have gotten that from my resume, so it was clear that he hadn't even looked at it. When I didn't meet their minimum experience level, he said those were the only candidates that they were looking at right now and did I have any thoughts on that. I told him that they had to go with the best candidates available, that I was no longer interested in a position with the company anyway, and thanked him for his time. In the end, the process wasted several hours of my time that I will never get back, answering a simple question that could have been taken care of quickly by looking at my resume or asking for clarification via email.

Their product may have promise, but the recruiting process needs more refinement. I would not apply for a job there again.

Interview Questions

• How much specific experience that exactly matches the job description do you have for this position?   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

A very comprehensive interview process, including phone screening, phone interviews, Personality and Aptitude Testing, In Person Interviews with several executives and a background check.

Accountingmin Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was not about meeting me it was a chance to tell me what the company was doing. I was passed along between interviews and then left to RETAKE a 3 hr exam because they believe you may have cheated the first time you took it.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation- take or leave their offer, if you negotiate they will hire someone else.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

First I had a call with a recruiter to give a quick sense of my background. That was on a Friday.
    On Monday, she had me come in for a round of interviews. I interviewed with someone from marketing, a peer, and the hiring manager. Everything was conversational. The flip side was you could tell this was a small but growing company without a formal process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

HR contacted via phone and had a quick chat at the office. She had me do a personality and IQ test online and then contacted me for an office interview. I spoke with three people in management who asked about my background as well as interest in sales, including experience as it relates to the job. Very standard interview. I got the offer via email a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.