Lexmark International Interview Questions in Calcutta, India | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2016

3.3

Functional Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

A panel of 3 took the interview. The interviewers asked technical questions mostly. Few questions on puzzle were also being asked. The overall interview can be rated as of average difficulty level. The interviewers we very supportive and gentle.

Interview Questions

The package offered was not upto the mark.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

It was not very long process. There was two round of technical interviews and then HR interview. The first round of interviews covered all my knowledge on the field that I have been working on and some situation based questions were asked. Some of them were tricky but answerable.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked me on the roles that I have been playing and the activities I am doing. And some other technical and process related questions.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of Interview
    1.Initially got a call from a consultancy
    2.First round - Written(4 questions were given on QA & Testing)
    3.Technical Round 1 - with two offshore leads(Around 1 hr)
    4.Technical Round 2 - with onsite Test manager(skype interview)

Interview Questions

• 1.Basic QA Questions
      2.OOPs concepts
      3.Analytical question on real life scenario (testing related)
      4.Projects worked,Technology used,Agile method etc
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I am writing the review of Technical test in Lexmark International in which they gave me three programs to write in either in c#,c++ or JAVA

1. Write a class named Document to represent a document node in a print queue. it should contain a method name that returns the subject of the document and an abstract method called type that returns the document type . from document class derive two concrete classes named word document and pdf document.

2. Write another class named Print Queue that is implemented as a linked list of Document objects. Print Queue should have a method named Push for adding a document to the end of the list, a method named pop for removing the first document from the list , and a method named DisplayContents for listing all of the documents in the Print Queue, reporting both the Name and Type of each element Print Queue should not use any standard library classes it should be own implementation of linked list

Interview Questions

• Write a class named Document to represent a document node in a print queue. it should contain a method name that returns the subject of the document and an abstract method called type that returns the document type . from document class derive two concrete classes named word document and pdf document.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

First round - A programming round .A single program on printer scheduler implementation.Good oop concepts will get you through.
    2nd round - A technical interview round based on decent problem solving skills.
    3rd round-- Another technical interview with us group over internet .Questions mainly based on your implementation of first round program.I got rejected in this round.

Validation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quite interesting.
    It had three rounds:-
    One written test with questions mainly focussing on C basics and OOP concepts.

The interview round was held in two stages:
    Technical interview consisted mainly questions on networking and some basic OOP concepts.

The HR round consisted of mainly the basic personal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What difference could you make to our company?
      What upperhand do you have over other candidates?

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 round technical one round hr it was walkin fairly decent questions for ISS , questions like automation, qtp selenium , test case writing etc.estimation, networking knowledge if u have . It was more or less smooth for me.

Interview Questions

• Technomanager round on question why manholes are round ones?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Written Test then two round of technical interviews .It was a good experience definitely. People are very helpful and they will give you time to solve.They mainly focus on technical interview process.
    In technical interview you have to with an onsite technical people who is onsite tech lead.

Interview Questions

• In Written Test :
      They will give a problem and ask to write a solution using data structure and OOPS concept.Will definitely ask to measure the complexity of your program.

In interviews :
      They will ask question from your program first(like used data structure, complexity, if any specific design pattern you used there etc etc)
      Then they will move to know your analytical skill mainly asking some small small problems.
      Question on data structure and design pattern will also be asked.
      How you have handled unmanaged code and how you take care of the garbage collection part etc.
      Some technology specific questions also may be asked .Question on web service, rest and soap api also may be asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

interview was conducted in a discussion room with 3 people on the panel. Questions ranged from basic computer perception to problem solving and puzzles. It was followed by a 90 minutes programming round where a particular problem was to be programmed on paper. The problem was not tough but required a detail knowledge of the various design patterns.
    people on the panel were friendly and seemed quite happy in their roles.
    Found out that the work Culture at kolkata Lexmark is quite dodgy and almost all of the former employees are dissatisfied with the company.

Interview Questions

• design a printer spooling program to emulate the print manager for managing the documents inputted to a printer.   Answer Question

compensation package was not acceptable

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

- Focus on fundamentals of c/c++
    - There was confusion while scheduling the interview
    - Interviewers were friendly and were looking for logical answers and not necessarily correct answers
    - 2 rounds of technical interview
    - first round telephonic, 2nd round face-2-face
    - Overall experience was good