Lexmark International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable. The employees were very kind, and welcoming. They made everything extremely comfortable from the get go. Hiring did not go as planned. HR sent an automated email saying I wasn't selected for position. Overall positive experience. Great company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International in November 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to do a video interview, however I had technical difficulties. The lady who I had email correspondence with was very nice about it though, and gave me an (albeit impromptu) phone interview so that I could at least have a shot. But I believe my low gpa caused me not to get further.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any leadership experience? Describe   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

Normal phone interview, followed by second call prior to being invited on-site interview. On arrival I was assigned a host person whom was responsible to ferry about the buildings and interviewers.

Everyone was friendly and made sufficient time to review my credentials and resume. Questions were performance based and wanted specific examples of skill or trait they were looking for.

Lunch was hosted mid-day on site and a large cafeteria in a different building, mostly small talk and discussions about company plans to expand the product line-up into the software space.

Second half continued with additional one-on-one interviews,

Interview Questions

• Provide specific examples of prior work / deliverables.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

All day process meeting with everyone on the team. Great bunch of HR professionals. There wasn't consensus on what they were looking for or even what the job would be doing, which was a concern. Overall seemed like a good company and team.

Senior Director Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn from a recruiter, which lead to about a 30 minute phone conversation a week after first contact. I was then scheduled for 2 in-person interviews on the same day about a week after my phone conversation. The interviews were supposed to be one after the other, however, both interviewers ( Director and Sr. Director) decided to do a single interview session with all 3 of us. The interview concluded after about 90 minutes and I thought i went fairly well. It wasn't too difficult and was more of a conversation, than an interview.

The Sr. Director then took me on a short tour of the building and showed me where my potential team would be. Mentioned as I walked out that we would definitely been in touch soon.

The recruiter followed up with me about 48 hours later to let me know they had a couple of more interviews to finish up that week, and that the hiring director would then be OOO for the week after, so it would be 2 weeks until a decision would be made.

Less than 48 hours after that touch point, the recruiter sent me a standard email template saying that while I was a great candidate, they decided to go in another direction.

I found that rather unprofessional being that A) since I had an in-person interview, then at a minimum, the recruiter should have called instead of emailed and B) the hiring director was supposed to be OOO for a week so a decision wasn't supposed to be made for a while. So, either there was a breakdown in communication between the hiring Director and the recruiter, or I was lied to. Either way, left a sour taste if you will

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview questions: Tell us about yourself, your experiences, why you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International in December 2014.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview took about one hour. one recruiter and two engineers were on the phone. It's nice experience to talk to them. They told me they would email me the result within one month but I didn't receive anything.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some other questions based on your resume.   Answer Question

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lexmark International in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview with a manager about a week later. The interview was about 50-60% behavioral and 40-50% technical. With the behavioral questions, I felt like they were trying to get an idea of where you want to go with your career path. Some of the topics that were covered in the technical portion were object oriented programming, polymorphism, thread vs. process, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges facing software engineers today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Video interview. Answer 3-5 behavioral questions. All of your subsequent interviewers have access to this file.

Round 2: Phone interview. Interview with a technical manager in your field. Very basic questions about how you've overcome challenges in the past and your projects/internship experience.

Round 3: On-site interview in Lexington, KY. The first day is a dinner with current engineers in the company and an introduction to the program. The next day starts with a tour of the facility and in the afternoon are interviews. I had 3 panel interviews with two people each: one hiring manager and one former TRP. The questions were 30 half technical and half behavioral. They changed the interview process to contain more technical questions than previous years.

Note that although the program is advertised to recent graduates, many of the candidates were graduate level, not undergrad. This was surprising to me, and I felt that this put me at a disadvantage, as I was the only undergrad for my specialty.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a new printer manufacturing facility?   Answer Question

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with direct hiring manager several times over the phone and then face to face. Great experience due to the hiring manager's approach and personality. Great experience over all.

Interview Questions

• Direct manAgemt experience; industry knowledge; management philosophy; managing virtual teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three stages:
    stage 1: video interview, tell-us-about-yourself-type-questions. The video interview software is terrible. I had to use all tries on a few questions before things recorded correctly
    stage 2: phone interview, more of the same with a few general technical questions thrown in. Very open-ended. A good chance to show passion
    stage 3: on-site interview, TBA

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between embedded systems engineering and software engineering?   1 Answer