Lexmark International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

1) Written test
    2)Telephonic Interview/Skype video chat
    3)HR

Interview Questions

• They will ask to write a very big and complicated program which needs depth knowledge about Linked list and core programming concept.
      You have to be very fluent in data structure implementation through your choice of language C++/java/C#,so be prepare about that. And other than data structure you need some knodledge about abstarct class virtual methods etc.
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Best way to get interview is to know hiring manager or get your qualified resume to a hiring manager. Hiring manager can specifically request certain candidates.
    HR uses Monster, CareerBulider, and other online search engines
    HR conducts phone screen and determines whether candidate should be brought in for interview or phone interview by hiring manager.
    On site interviews are scheduled as sequence of one-on-one interview 1 hour sessions usually min. of three up to six, rarely goes more than one day
    Interviewers and escort fill out interviewer report forms along with recommendation.
    HR conducts legal and policy review for compliance with requirements such as diversity goals
    Hiring Managment chain makes final hiring decision

Interview Questions

• This is up to individual interviewer. I have not heard of any atypical questions being asked nor any deeply technical questions being asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One round of interview
    Basic C,C++ questions

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

Received a lead from a friend and called HR direct. They responded to my inquiry in three days. I then proceeded to drive to Lexington and had an interview with the HR lead. That really was it. It's hard to fit in 50 words as this is the minimum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their first offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

Interview

I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
    2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
    3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
    4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

No Comments Interview

Interview

Interview process is easy, because in most of the cases technically weak people take the interviews. HR people are just idiots, so if you are smart, you can always get through.

Interview Questions

• They would actually try to find out if you have any restriction to go out of Kolkata, if you have they would be happy. Because otherwise people do not stay for long.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International in January 2011.

Interview

Not fair to judge as these were internal interviews. From what I remember coming into the company, there was very little of the "if you were a fruit, what kind would you be" silliness you get at some places. General conversations to determine if you knew your stuff and were a decent person.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous job.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked with 5 or 6 people from different functions. Took a whole day. Meal in between at the cafe on the campus. Human resource lady was really nice and warm.