Lexmark International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked with 5 or 6 people from different functions. Took a whole day. Meal in between at the cafe on the campus. Human resource lady was really nice and warm.

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY).

Interview

2 interviews. one through phone and the other is group interview which I got interviewed by two managers and some employees. It is very friendly environment and very nice office set up.

Interview Questions

• basic questions and few technical question about network   1 Answer

Negotiation

everything is good

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

All day process meeting with everyone on the team. Great bunch of HR professionals. There wasn't consensus on what they were looking for or even what the job would be doing, which was a concern. Overall seemed like a good company and team.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lenexa, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter for a training position with this company. They offered me an interview, but also disclosed that they were not going to foresee that this would end up being a permanent position. With this sort of uncertainty, I declined the interview.

Recruiter disclosed pay and also that they were not going to foresee that this would end up being a permanent position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair at my university, then I was contacted via email to have a phone interview. The phone interview was the only interview, and I was given an offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain why an acid might become less acidic over time.   Answer Question

Global Director of Solutions (Verical Specific) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

My courtship with Lexmark was a long one, starting in December of 2014 and ending in November of 2015. I had several discussions with recruiters, a video interview with the VP I would have ultimately reported to and finally an onsite, day long interview in Lexington where I met with several executive level and senior VP’s. This process happened in the midst of their Kofax acquisition and it definitely slowed the process. In May, they communicated their position was they might have what they were looking talent wise in the Kofax team but it would take time to determine. After being quiet for months in late August there was an urgent need for me to be onsite as they had determined they did not currently have the talent in Kofax.
    I later built a business plan for them to achieve their goals. I think in the end with the company being in such dire straits that they didn’t fill the position. Lost a lot of time but looks like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix our problem?   1 Answer

Senior Director Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn from a recruiter, which lead to about a 30 minute phone conversation a week after first contact. I was then scheduled for 2 in-person interviews on the same day about a week after my phone conversation. The interviews were supposed to be one after the other, however, both interviewers ( Director and Sr. Director) decided to do a single interview session with all 3 of us. The interview concluded after about 90 minutes and I thought i went fairly well. It wasn't too difficult and was more of a conversation, than an interview.

The Sr. Director then took me on a short tour of the building and showed me where my potential team would be. Mentioned as I walked out that we would definitely been in touch soon.

The recruiter followed up with me about 48 hours later to let me know they had a couple of more interviews to finish up that week, and that the hiring director would then be OOO for the week after, so it would be 2 weeks until a decision would be made.

Less than 48 hours after that touch point, the recruiter sent me a standard email template saying that while I was a great candidate, they decided to go in another direction.

I found that rather unprofessional being that A) since I had an in-person interview, then at a minimum, the recruiter should have called instead of emailed and B) the hiring director was supposed to be OOO for a week so a decision wasn't supposed to be made for a while. So, either there was a breakdown in communication between the hiring Director and the recruiter, or I was lied to. Either way, left a sour taste if you will

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview questions: Tell us about yourself, your experiences, why you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Software/Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been a Software Engineering Intern for two years of my college career over summers as well as part time throughout the school year. I applied online and received confirmation by my hiring manager that I would receive two interviews out in Lexington, KY.

I was flown out and had two 45 minute interviews with two people each. They were very kind and friendly engineers. I enjoyed asking them questions as well as answering their interview questions. I spent quite some time on a whiteboard describing Model-View-Controller logic in PHP as it was related to a framework I program with.

Both interviews were technical in terms of "Give us examples of x or y" in terms of definitions of basic concepts, and then it seemed as if every other question was a personality/behavioral question, such as "Give us a time when a group project did not go over so well. What did you do?"

So it was not terribly technical and it was not terribly behavioral, but a mix of the two.

Interview Questions

• What are examples of functional programming languages?   1 Answer

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

A mixture of behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions were all based on my technical research/ experience listed on my resume. How formal the interview is is dependent on your interviewers. Two of my interviewers were very laid back. The conversation was very relaxed and informal. The other two interviewers were more formal.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview first round typical embedded questions related to RTOS and programming, followed by 3-4 hour second round over video call. questions about previous experience, Agile project management methodology etc.

1:1 with the team I was going to work with. Friendly panel. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• mutex-semaphore difference. C string related questions, TCP/UDP.   Answer Question