Lexmark International Interview Questions in Lexington, KY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2016

3.1

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY).

Interview

2 interviews. one through phone and the other is group interview which I got interviewed by two managers and some employees. It is very friendly environment and very nice office set up.

Interview Questions

• basic questions and few technical question about network   1 Answer

Negotiation

everything is good

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair at my university, then I was contacted via email to have a phone interview. The phone interview was the only interview, and I was given an offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain why an acid might become less acidic over time.   Answer Question

Software/Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been a Software Engineering Intern for two years of my college career over summers as well as part time throughout the school year. I applied online and received confirmation by my hiring manager that I would receive two interviews out in Lexington, KY.

I was flown out and had two 45 minute interviews with two people each. They were very kind and friendly engineers. I enjoyed asking them questions as well as answering their interview questions. I spent quite some time on a whiteboard describing Model-View-Controller logic in PHP as it was related to a framework I program with.

Both interviews were technical in terms of "Give us examples of x or y" in terms of definitions of basic concepts, and then it seemed as if every other question was a personality/behavioral question, such as "Give us a time when a group project did not go over so well. What did you do?"

So it was not terribly technical and it was not terribly behavioral, but a mix of the two.

Interview Questions

• What are examples of functional programming languages?   1 Answer

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Video interview. Answer 3-5 behavioral questions. All of your subsequent interviewers have access to this file.

Round 2: Phone interview. Interview with a technical manager in your field. Very basic questions about how you've overcome challenges in the past and your projects/internship experience.

Round 3: On-site interview in Lexington, KY. The first day is a dinner with current engineers in the company and an introduction to the program. The next day starts with a tour of the facility and in the afternoon are interviews. I had 3 panel interviews with two people each: one hiring manager and one former TRP. The questions were 30 half technical and half behavioral. They changed the interview process to contain more technical questions than previous years.

Note that although the program is advertised to recent graduates, many of the candidates were graduate level, not undergrad. This was surprising to me, and I felt that this put me at a disadvantage, as I was the only undergrad for my specialty.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a new printer manufacturing facility?   Answer Question

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three stages:
    stage 1: video interview, tell-us-about-yourself-type-questions. The video interview software is terrible. I had to use all tries on a few questions before things recorded correctly
    stage 2: phone interview, more of the same with a few general technical questions thrown in. Very open-ended. A good chance to show passion
    stage 3: on-site interview, TBA

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between embedded systems engineering and software engineering?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was brought on by a temp agency, Global International. I interviewed first with the temp agency and then again with Lexmark. The biggest point of me getting hired I think is because of my experience with Excel and not being nervous. It seems personality is big, and also not being arrogant or too uptight. A good sign that I got was when I was interviewing is that it was a long interview...about an hour and a half. I haven't started yet but from the tour and talking with the people in the office it is a good culture, and I really look forward to starting.

Interview Questions

• How dedicated to work and your career are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took what was offered.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

I only had a single interview with a Manager and one of their employees. It was pretty laid back, they were very friendly people. I took about a month to receive my offer via email, which is way too long without any communication in my opinion.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager and 3 team members. Asked a wide variety of highly technical questions. Based on job description I did not feel I was fully prepared for some of the questioning that I was asked. Felt the team members themselves seemed like decent knowledgeable folks but did not get a great vibe from the manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

First was a simple phone screen with some informal behavioral questions. After that, I had another phone interview with a hiring manager and a technical lead. Since I'm a recent graduate, they asked very detailed questions about coursework listen on my resume. They wanted to know about challenges I faced and solutions I came up with, but they wanted to know technical details. They were very thorough, covering all of what was listed on my resume and most of the coursework I could remember.