Lexmark International Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

Normal phone interview, followed by second call prior to being invited on-site interview. On arrival I was assigned a host person whom was responsible to ferry about the buildings and interviewers.

Everyone was friendly and made sufficient time to review my credentials and resume. Questions were performance based and wanted specific examples of skill or trait they were looking for.

Lunch was hosted mid-day on site and a large cafeteria in a different building, mostly small talk and discussions about company plans to expand the product line-up into the software space.

Second half continued with additional one-on-one interviews,

Interview Questions

• Provide specific examples of prior work / deliverables.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lexmark International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Interviewed for the rotational program, and it was a great experience! After a phone interview they flew me in for an on-site interview. There were many other candidates for many different positions. There was a dinner the night before the interview, then two interviews the next day (with current 2 engineers each). Then there was a facilities tour and the candidates toured Lexington. Lexmark made great efforts to insure we understood the company and the city.

Interview Questions

• I only had one technical question and it wasn't difficult (I actually made a small mistake and they were okay with that as long as my thought process was good)   Answer Question

The printer industry is declining, and I was very disappointed to hear Lexmark isn't pursuing 3D printing (although it's understandable since they sold their inkjet division).

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with three managers in the manufacturing area. They were detailed but helpful and the interviews went well. They were intelligent, motivated and driven.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you don't know what to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I had some time to reply.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2007.

Interview

Screening Phone Call and then the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate well. The offer was decent. Engineering group in Laser is better and more stable than ink jet.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Cebu City (Philippines)).

Interview

Lexmark has headhunters that actively finds people with good skills. I was found by Lexmark though an ad in a newspaper. I was one of the top ten who passed the Mechanical Engineering licensure examinations. The interview process is too technical. You need to be more knowledgeable with the field you are to be hired for. I had four interviewers from US done in different time periods.