Lexmark International Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

First I had a call with a recruiter to give a quick sense of my background. That was on a Friday.
On Monday, she had me come in for a round of interviews. I interviewed with someone from marketing, a peer, and the hiring manager. Everything was conversational. The flip side was you could tell this was a small but growing company without a formal process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Lexmark International

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Ashburn, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

HR contacted via phone and had a quick chat at the office. She had me do a personality and IQ test online and then contacted me for an office interview. I spoke with three people in management who asked about my background as well as interest in sales, including experience as it relates to the job. Very standard interview. I got the offer via email a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

very informa procedure, the hiring manager was very friendly, asked for my resume and asked questions based on my experience and qualifications as stated on resume

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Interview

To be considered for a phone interview, one must first pass an IQ/ Personality Test that takes about 2 hours. After the test, I interviewed with the recruiter, then the sales manager. They asked mainly generic questions about my sales experiences and personality. After passing these rounds, I was brought on site for the final interview. The final round interview consisted of meeting with three decision makers. In a meeting with one of the vice presidents of the company, he made a joke about Brainware's product putting "little old ladies out of work". He also claimed that Brainware was superior to other software development companies because other soft dev companies offer product discounts at the end of a quarter to meet revenue goals, and Brainware does not. Later in our conversation, when I asked if there was any seasonality to Brainware's sales, he stated that most of their revenue is booked at the end of a quarter. In my other face to face interviews, they asked questions about their product and the industry. If you can ask insightful questions, and are genuinely interested in the product, you will do well.

You will need to leave your cell phone in the car during the interview. There is an on site IQ test to confirm your earlier results, and they demand your cell phone from you so that you can't use its calculator function on the IQ test (although there is a calculator function on the testing computer, as well as internet capability). After the test was over, I had to wait in the lobby for over an hour to receive my cellphone. The person I left my cellphone with went home for the day without giving anyone the key to his drawer. When contacted, he asked if it was possible to pick up my phone the following business day. I demurred, and as soon as I got home I thanked the interviewers for their time and told them I would be considering other options.