Lexmark International Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lexmark International Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 3 months from initial interview to receiving offer. Both interviews were over the phone with two different hiring managers and roughly 40 minutes each. Asked questions mainly over Python and C++, school projects, and basic computer science questions. No coding really needed. Mostly just a oral test for personality and general computer science knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Asked minimally about algorithms and general Linux for familiarity with environment. Mostly asked about projects and resume stuff.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lexmark International

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview first round typical embedded questions related to RTOS and programming, followed by 3-4 hour second round over video call. questions about previous experience, Agile project management methodology etc.

1:1 with the team I was going to work with. Friendly panel. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• mutex-semaphore difference. C string related questions, TCP/UDP.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International in December 2014.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview took about one hour. one recruiter and two engineers were on the phone. It's nice experience to talk to them. They told me they would email me the result within one month but I didn't receive anything.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some other questions based on your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International in January 2014.

Interview

Consisted of 2 interviews: the first was a group interview with the team to gauge whether you fit into the environment. They make sure that if they hire you, they'll make sure you're likable first, which is not a bad strategy. This interview had about 5 people on the phone. The second interview was also over the phone, and it was with a manager. They wanted to get to know your personality, really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked about salary, and I answered that it was negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

First was a simple phone screen with some informal behavioral questions. After that, I had another phone interview with a hiring manager and a technical lead. Since I'm a recent graduate, they asked very detailed questions about coursework listen on my resume. They wanted to know about challenges I faced and solutions I came up with, but they wanted to know technical details. They were very thorough, covering all of what was listed on my resume and most of the coursework I could remember.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting agency and was called in for an interview in a week.
    General questions about software development and agile.
    Interviewed by the team that I would work for If hired.

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Shawnee, KS) in August 2011.

Interview

HR phone screen, in person interview with SE manager, in person interview with peer panel, demo presentation for peer panel. I was asked to present on a topic of my choice. Purpose was to demonstrate my skills as a presenter, and to trip me up with tough questions, or see how I react to tough questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you answer tough questions or questions that you do not know the answer to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
    It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in March 2008.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter after submitting resume. Had technical screening over phone with hiring manager. No complex questions. Was called on site, ha d 3 interview which were mixure of behavioural and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve difference over a solution with your team lead?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lexmark International (Kolkata (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I am writing the review of Technical test in Lexmark International in which they gave me three programs to write in either in c#,c++ or JAVA

1. Write a class named Document to represent a document node in a print queue. it should contain a method name that returns the subject of the document and an abstract method called type that returns the document type . from document class derive two concrete classes named word document and pdf document.

2. Write another class named Print Queue that is implemented as a linked list of Document objects. Print Queue should have a method named Push for adding a document to the end of the list, a method named pop for removing the first document from the list , and a method named DisplayContents for listing all of the documents in the Print Queue, reporting both the Name and Type of each element Print Queue should not use any standard library classes it should be own implementation of linked list

Interview Questions

• Write a class named Document to represent a document node in a print queue. it should contain a method name that returns the subject of the document and an abstract method called type that returns the document type . from document class derive two concrete classes named word document and pdf document.

1 Answer