Lg Electronics Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lg Electronics Alabama

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lg Electronics Alabama

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama in September 2014.

Interview

First initial phone interview with an HR personnel. Then, a phone interview followed by a video interview with the team leader due to being in a different state. Overall process took may 2-3 weeks.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter screening was quick, positive, and friendly. Second phone interview with HR and hiring manager was video conference. VERY difficult to understand the heavily accented Korean manager so the HR person did a lot of rephrasing and repeating of the questions. Was invited for a face-to-face interview. They paid for the airfare, but everything else was left to me to pay until they could reimburse me later (which wasn't an easy process and through a third party vendor). Met with a second person from HR, one team member, and a second team member by phone while onsite. Then I met with the hiring manager and the local president. The interview questions were all very easy - describe your experiences, how would you prioritize, etc. Then the hiring manager got fixated on a timeline and wanted to know exactly how long it would take me to do things after I was hired. There is no way to answer that, and he kept saying "you didn't answer the question" until the HR person intervened and said it wasn't one that could be answered. Then the hiring manager left the room abruptly saying he had a call (but his phone didn't ring). He said he wanted to talk again at 4pm but didn't show up for it. While on the phone with a team member, the hiring manager came in the room and ended the call early saying we had to go to meet the president - but we still had 20 minutes to wait before that next meeting started. So we waited in silence in an adjoining room. I tried to engage the hiring manager with questions about the his expectations, his priorities, his goals, but he just stared at his phone. When I asked him about the 2-3 year goals and strategies he snapped that there weren't any and it wasn't important - "only now is important". No one in HR brought up salary or relocation so I had to probe. Then they had to leave the room to look up the salary range and relocation benefits. I thought it was odd that wasn't already examined before they brought me in. Nearly 3 weeks later I was offered the job, in the range we had discussed, with relocation assistance based on the distance I had to move. I sent a note to the recruiter expressing my concerns and asked if it be OK for someone who knew the hiring manager well to contact me. They did. I spoke with the same HR person and the same team member again by phone who didn't really have anything new to share to alleviate my concerns. The hiring manager is a Korean ex-pat who only has a few years left before he transitions back to Korea. It's a revolving role so there is no way to know if the next man from Korea will be any better or worse. HR was not able to answer my questions about how many women and diverse employees hold positions at this level and above. There are few diversity groups that don't appear to be very active. It's a strongly male, Korean environment with likely no chance of advancement for a white woman (my own assumption). I liked the Huntsville area, found housing close to the office, and it would have been nice to work for a company who paid my portion of health insurance premiums, but in the end, I just couldn't see myself working for the specific hiring manager. I turned down the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first was a short phone interview with HR followed by an onsite with management, in person interview with the department and management. HR did ask a few questions before the phone interview screening for information.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about team work, organization, and processes & procedures   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Met with HR and took a typing test and answered some basic questions. Met with call center manager and one of the supervisors who asked me call center related questions.

Interview Questions

• Is one call resolution or call time more important to you?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied online for the position. I was contacted about 10 days later from HR by telephone. Next we scheduled a phone interview. There were some follow-up questions which were sent by email afterwards. After the hiring manager review my answers I was contacted again to schedule an in-person interview. At the scheduled time I met my HR contact. I spent about 10 minutes with the HR person answering some questions and then we were both joined by the hiring manager 4 about another half hour worth of questions and discussion. The hiring manager then suggested that we meet one more time and asked me to prepare answers to some specific questions related to the work. Overall I feel good about the experience and I'm hopeful that it will result in an offer. Everyone seemed very friendly and professional.

It's been quite some time since I've pursued interviewing for a new position and I felt comfortable with the people I met and this seems like it would be a challenging and interesting opportunity. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a successful project and explain the details and the outcome.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama in March 2013.

Interview

Online application, contacted by recruiter for phone interview, onsite interview with panel of interviewers. Panel was intimidating as I sat on one side of the table and interviewers sat on the other side of the table. Seating arrangement felt like a firing squad.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary took a while to negotiate. Be sure to be upfront and getting everything in writing prior to signing offer letter as HR personnel does change often.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lg Electronics Alabama in October 2010.

Interview

After screening process, did official interview.
    Then had a group interview with co-workers and final interview with the manager.

Negotiation