Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2016

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied through their online process. A month later I was contacted to do a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward and resume/behavioral based. I heard back a few days later that they wanted to do an in person interview and did an onsite interview a week later. Long day of interviews with multiple Actuaries in the company. Three different case studies to work through.

Interview Questions

• Case studies for onsite interview required critical thinking skills and knowledge in the insurance industry.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Relatively straightforward process, went through my school, sat down with recruiter on campus to talk about the position. Asked about my classes related to the job, any previous experiences I'd had, interested in the analytical work i did the summer before with Excel.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in analytical software and previous experience with that.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview 2 weeks after online application. Interviewed by a British senior actuary. Asked general questions regrading on my resume. Received the rejection email one week after. My friend has the same experience. Seems like they interviewed most applicants. Do not know any people get the second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview focus on more behavior question rather than technological question.
    The interviewer is nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied at school and was given an on-campus interview. Then they called me in to Boston for the final rounds. There I was given 4 interviews, lunch with analysts, and some general info. The videos in the general info were super corny and gave no information. You were also required to give a writing sample. Some of the interviewers were really boring and some were very enthusiastic and helpful. Good luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I received email about this job through our school actuarial network and replied to the recruiting manager that I am interested. Then we emailed back and forth to set up a phone interview with the manager who would be the one I will work for if hired. The phone interview lasted about an hour and a couple days after I was invited to the on-site interview in Boston. On-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours. First, i was take by the HR for pre-screening and complete an application form and write an short essay about why I want to work for Liberty. Then I was brought to 3 different managers and one employee to continue one-on-one interview, each lasted 20-30 min. During lunch, two other recent hired actuarial students brought me to lunch at a local deli, aiming to answer my questions. After finishing interviewing with all the scheduled managers and employees, they showed me out the building.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was given a phone interview for actuarial analyst trainee position. Was asked mostly behavioral questions such as "what are your greatest strengths," "what was the project that you are most proud of," etc. The interviewer was very nice, but no offer was made.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2011.

Interview

Mine was a basic phone interview. Why Liberty Mutual, Why Actuarial Science, What qualities do you think one candidate should have... ect.