Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Full day multiple round interviews, 45 minutes each with 6 managers. Also had a phone screen beforehand. Everyone was friendly, questions behavioral. They also bought lunch and I suspect the lunch interactions were part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

prepare for the on-site interview

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Applied through their website. Went to the career fair and talked to one of their recruiters. I received a phone interview within two weeks. Couple of hours later I received an email telling me that they want me to go to the HQ for a second round interview. About 3 weeks later, I went to the HQ. They paid for my flights and hotel stay. The interview was from 8 to 5. With a lunch break and a writing sample in the morning. Interviewed with one HR representative and four actuaries. I felt very comfortable interviewing with all of them. They were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to use statistics in one of your projects   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

They held an informational session at my university. Gave them my resume then got a phone interview. Moved onto an on-site interview where they set you up in a hotel and airfare. There was five interviews that asked pretty standard questions and a few technical questions about insurance, they were extremely friendly and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What information should you collect when giving someone insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within two weeks I was contacted to do a phone interview with an actuary. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes, and was mostly questions about my resume and how/why I decided to pursue a career as an actuary. After about another week, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview.

Myself and two other candidates went to an introductory presentation about the company in the morning where we were asked to write a paragraph about why we were interested in the opportunity, and then we cycled through four 1-hour interviews with actuaries throughout the day. It seemed as though interviewers had picked questions out of a question bank of general, behavioral interview questions. Two actuarial students were assigned to guide me around the building between interviews and take me to lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Albany, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

i apply online and they gave me a interview in college, it was a interview in person. it takes about 30 min for the interview. question are really normal, such as gave me an example that when you need to make a decision in a very short time.

Interview Questions

• normal, gave me a example that you think is most significant on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter who referred me to the actuarial recruiter. We exchanged some emails, one of which she prompted me to apply. A few days after online submission, I was contacted via email about reaching the first round of interviews (phone). Phone interview was about ~30-60 minutes long and consisted of the basic questions. Maybe a few questions about what you know about actuary. Two weeks later, they notified me of reaching the next round (in-person). They organized a flight, hotel, and date for me and soon enough flew to Boston for the interview. Interview is 8:00AM to around 1:00PM, then a lunch with two actuarial assistants (so kind of like a casual interview). Interviews actually went by very fast; all the actuaries were very easy to talk to and it was great to hear more about their experiences.

Interview Questions

• Phone -- Why Actuary? Why Liberty? Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member/deadline/multi-task? What has your favorite non-major related class been so far and why?

In Person -- more technical and analytical, they want to know how you think/what you know about insurance/actuary   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

-Had a phone interview(1hr), and two weeks later,they flew me to Seattle, for the on-site interview.
    We had a 1 hour information session on-site, followed by interviews with 3 senior actuaries,each one of those lasted for about 30 minutes and after had lunch with 2 entry-level analysts.
    The questions were behavioral, situational and technical. The technical questions were about interpreting graphs.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a situation in which you took an initiative
      -How did you explain something technical to a non-technical person?
      -Building versus Car, for which of those an insurance company needs to hold more cash? And why?
      -Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

HR responded to online application within a couple of business days. Gave me a few options for phone interview. Had a phone interview with actuary. Took about 45 minutes. He was very nice and pleasant to chat with. Standard questions but required thoughtful answers. Only got rejection email because I followed up after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between life actuary and P&C actuary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call screening with an actuary which lasted an hour. Afterwards there was an on site interview with 3 actuaries (one-on-one) and a lunch with 2 actuarial students.

Interview Questions

• There were some case/critical thinking questions and behavioral questions and some questions regarding yourself such as exam/school/past work experience   Answer Question