Liberty Mutual Insurance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The intern process is simplified. 1 round of phone interview, ask 2-3 behavior questions and some simple technical questions related to you research & resume. Then you'll be notified to pass or not in a few days. For my knowledge, the probability to be onsite is quite large. 3 behavior+technical+advanced technical and a case study on the interview day. All well-structured behavior questions & technical questions regarding statistical modeling. The whole process is smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Conducted phone behavioral interview as a "pre-check" process. Average, basic questions that you could expect in a behavioral interview. Did not get further than this. Not sure why, but just need to keep trucking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very structured as they follow the STAR method down to a tee. First round was strictly behavioral by a HR person representing various teams. Flew me to Boston after 4 weeks for second round interviews with 3 hiring managers, interview was both behavioral and technical. I interviewed with 3 different hiring managers and most of the questions were focused on projects I have worked on in the past. The interview seemed very structured in the second rounds as well. They are very keen on following the STAR method when answering questions and they have a box for each acronym when documenting your responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were creative in solving a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince others to go with your ideas   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Set up phone interview through email, 45 minute interview
    Interviewer was very nice and understanding, asked about why I wanted this job, resume questions and then behavioral questions. Some questions seemed like repeats or similar to previous ones with only slight differences.
    Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• Asked behavioral questions about how we dealt with uncertainty in our work   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met at recruiting fair to fill one position. Once that was filled, I was connected to another practice area for an interview. Standard phone interview for the first round about experiences with data, problem solving, teamwork, etc.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to solve a problem when you felt like there was a gap in available information?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

After initial interest from an HR rep, I did a phone interview with an actuary. The questions were straight out of the textbook of behavioral type questions. The guy was literally reading from a piece of paper, and sounded like he was going through the motions from the beginning of the interview. After a couple weeks I emailed back for a status update, and could not get a response. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from answering my email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to answer a question for a customer by using information from multiple resources, how you communicated, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with my manager, not an HR representative. The phone interview was informal and mostly consisted of the interviewer telling me more details about the position. The in person interview lasted from about 9am to 2pm. I was interviewed by about 5 different people. Most of the interview questions were about my analytical background, nothing too difficult

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly what I would do in a certain situation related to the position I was applying to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

a phone interview on background skills/ followed by onsite interview with 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding analytical thinking ( like giving a business case and analyzing it)   Answer Question
    • SAS programming questions on SQL, merges, macros etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Fairfield, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online 8/2 for an Analyst position. I received a call on 8/16 to from a HR recruiter asking to set a telephone interview date/time for the Analyst position. She did call at the agreed time and began the interview with a review of the position, an overview of their current issues and why my experience was of interest to her. I was asked to provide detailed examples of how I would be able to help their process, given the examples of their current issues. I was asked to describe my methods for gathering requirements. I was asked specifically about my experience in a more senior role in other organizations and if I would be wanting to leave the position after a couple of years. I felt she was making reference to being overqualified. I gave assurance that I found the position challenging. At the end of the interview and she told me I would be referred to the hiring manager for an onsite interview. Two days later, I recieve a non selection, form letter email.

Interview Questions

• How are the business analyst and project manager roles different?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in August 2009.

Interview

Worked there as a summer intern. Got an interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions. Were keen to see if I was willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you have demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question