Liberty Mutual Insurance Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.3

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2018.

Interview

Process was jumbled and quick. Software to schedule interview didn’t work well. The lady who interviewed me was unprofessional and made me question whether I even wanted to work with this group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

I found the position through my university's career site. I submitted the application with a cover letter, and about two weeks later, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter and a member of CS&R, who ran a case with me. The case wasn't too hard -- it had a bit of math and was just a normal case that you would encounter if you practiced casing.

After this, I advanced to the final round in Boston. The interview was two 45-minute case interviews. I found them to be a bit harder than the previous case; a lot of numbers and quick math involved, weighing options about certain paths to go down based on quantitative analysis. If you do well on this, you go on to a final interview with the head of the department. I did not make it to this round.

Overall, they are really nice and outgoing at Liberty CS&R. It definitely is more of a management consulting firm feel than I expected; everyone there pretty much had some kind of previous consulting experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

My initial application was through my school's career center, through which I submitted a resume and cover letter. I then had to take an online math test, which was long and of average difficulty (for someone in a math-heavy major). I was accepted for a first round on-campus interview, which consisted of 45 mintues of behavioral questions and 1 simple mini-case question, to check math skills/problem solving, followed by a 45 minute written math/problem solving test. I heard within 2 days that I had been invited for final round interviews in Boston, which were scheduled for two weeks out. The final round consisted of 3 30-minute case interviews with managers, as well as lunch. Everyone I spoke with was very easy-going and friendly - the interviews did not have a high-pressure atmosphere, which I appreciated. The cases were industry-related and more math-heavy than some other consulting case interviews I had experienced, but were not particularly difficult. I received an offer the same day. I was particularly impressed with the speed of the whole process (especially after the dragged out processes I had experienced with other companies) and the friendliness of everyone I spoke with.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

There are several steps to the interview process. First, there is a resume collection, either through a campus recruiting agency or through the Liberty Mutual website. That is followed by a critical thinking assessment, and then two rounds of interviews.

I applied to several jobs during my senior year of college, and all of them had a hiring process that was at least as complicated. Overall, the process with Liberty was quick and relatively painless. Everyone I interacted with--even managers who were interviewing me--were very nice.

Now, I've been working for Liberty for about two months and I'm absolutely loving it. The work involves reasonable hours and lots of opportunities to think critically. If you have a good idea for how to solve a problem, you'll always have the opportunity to convince your coworkers and managers that you're right. That doesn't happen in very many contexts. The group of people who work in CS&R are awesome, fun young people who all get along, creating a really relaxed work environment.

Interview Questions

• Consulting case questions during the final round interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and consisted of a lot of questions about my background, knowledge about the company, etc. The interviewer was nice and asked specific questions about my resume before asking me to complete a three-part math problem. The math problem wasn't too difficult and related to the insurance industry.

The second interview was at Liberty Mutual's headquarters in Boston and consisted of two tests, three case interviews, and a lunch with two of the consultants afterwards. I had never done case interviews before, but felt that the questions tested analytical, mathematical, and general business skills. I was very impressed with the entire team and had a very positive experience throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I first heard of the position through my school career site and after I submitted my resume I got called for a written interview which consisted of mini cases and lasted for 45 mins. I thought it was hard but then got called back for a face to face interview. The interviewer was really nice and she asked me a lot of fit/behavioral questions as well as a quantitative question. there are lots of questions on leadership.

Interview Questions

• How many people can you fit into texas?   5 Answers
    • If I were to tell you that you aren;t ambitious - how would you refute me?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2011.

Interview

A phone interview consisting that lasted about an hour. Did basic why you, why us stuff. Then had a few short quantitative questions. It seemed to go well, but I did not receive an offer for another interview.

Interview Questions

• If an insurance company pays up to $1000 on a claim, how much will the insurance company pay if 50 people file claims for $1600 and 25 people file claims for $800?   2 Answers