Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. Online application, phone interview, panel interview with 3 managers, 2nd panel interview with 2 managers. Some managers were easy to talk with and made the interview process easier. Some managers were very particular with their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions such as prior work experiences, situational questions, customer services scenarios, how I would react with a particular situation   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative - Safeco Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

You do a fairly involved problem solving online computer test. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure there's more work to do than you actually have time for. I skipped some of the more time consuming questions and just answered the easier ones. The phone interviewer had not reviewed my qualifications prior to our conversation, and gave me only 2 days to do a phone interview. I got the sense that she was rushing to fill an interview spot. The actual interview struck me as a little stiff/stuffy. They asked behavioral questions in the "STAR" format, but nothing about the actual job you'd be doing or prior experience. It seemed like they were trying to feel me out instead of just asking me flat out what they wanted to know. I would say the interview came across as stuffy and rigid. I thought the interview went pretty well, but I guess they found someone that had better answers to their mind game questions. No second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you couldn't keep a commitment you made to a customer.   Answer Question

Personal Markets Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

As with most companies, it started with applying online. After I applied, I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone. After about 30 minutes of going over the basic information (verifying info on resume) I was sent two different tests to take. The first was a basic Math test, and second was a personality test. Anyone who's been around in the last 10 years knows these tests; they're all the same. After those two tests, I had a second call from a recruiter for a more in depth phone interview. After that I had a phone interview with a local Branch Manager. After that, I was called to come in for a face to face interview with that Branch Manager. After that interview, I was asked to come in for 2 hours to make outgoing phone calls, to test how comfortable I was on the phone. After that, the Branch Manager called a few days later, and said my background check and everything was completed, and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• These are all the same, basic questions; tell me a time you succeeded, a time you failed, what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting. Brief phone interview followed by another for roughly 30 minutes. All behavioral questions and relevant work experience. Visited office in Atlanta and had a meeting with the manager. Very straightforward questions. The manager was very conversational and wanted to know what I thought about the position. Lastly, shadowed other employees for 45 minutes before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a group and one member did not cooperate.   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and received a call back/email from HR a week later for phone interview. Was contacted 2 days later by HR to schedule a face to face interview. Essentially had 3 different interviews the same day. Spoke with UW supervisor, UW manager, and an Underwriter to see if I would be a good fit for the role and the rest of the team. The interview was professional and easy going. They really made me feel welcomed. Next steps after initial face to face will be to speak with a higher up from corporate office via telephone (haven't yet gotten to this stage). Was informed that the hiring process is a little lengthy and may take up to 2 months before a decision is made. No difficult or tricky questions; the STAR method is used during the interview so prepare to talk about past experiences and how you've dealt with those situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or supervisor, and did you resolve that issue? Why are you interested in working for Liberty Mutual? Talk about a time you had to take the initiative on a task or project and how did you sway your manager or peer to agree to it? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a recruiter. I was called in for a interview in the office and two of the employees interviewed me. They questioned me on my resume, work experience, and general questions. Then I was able to ask questions about the company. After the interview portion, I got to shadow another employee who showed me the software and daily tasks. I got a final response between 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had many tasks to complete in a short period of time that made you feel overwhelmed and how you managed through that.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Suwanee, GA).

Interview

Open House event; BI managers didn't seem interested in the interview. Inside Claims Managers were nice and seemed interested. Did not do any personality test or assessment; felt like the process was a waste of time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was like any other corporate interview. The want to know a situation, what's happened, how you resolved it and the outcome, The interview was about one hour long.

Commercial Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job portal and 2-4 days later I went through a basic phone screening. Then I was invited to an in-office interview that consisted of a panel interview with two senior employees and a recently hired underwriter. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions to see if you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

I found out the internship was more reaching out to clients than actually being a part of the Liberty team.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet the branch manager at a career fair. I sent the branch manager after the career fair to follow up. Then we scheduled a phone interview, next we scheduled an in office interview. The second inter view was more geared towards determining if I would like this job and I met with people around the office.