Liberty Mutual Insurance Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application on-line and completed an assessment which measured how well you multi-task and general skills. Nothing too complicated. About a few days later I was contacted by a representative who wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is as typical as any phone interview but if this is your first one. They asked basic STAR questions, such as "Tell me a time you had to communicate bad news to a customers." no curve ball questions so pretty standard and then they informed me they wanted to get me scheduled for an in-person interview and it was scheduled 2 weeks later.

I got suited up and headed down to the office and arrived and met with 2 HR representatives. I was expecting a possible 3 manager interview but it was a typical 2 person interview. They both took turns asking me questions about my skill set and why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual. After taking some time to discuss my skill set they informed me that they were done asking me questions but wanted me to speak with a manager who was available.

So I met with the manager and we discussed the position and I asked questions about the job and the culture. It was a good conversation enough to warrant him asking if I had time to speak with another manager, who appeared to be a section manager, and we spoke for a good 45 minutes before leaving.

Overall the phone interview took less than 30 minutes. In-person interview took around 2 hours.

I applied and the overall process took about 4 weeks, I was then contacted with an offer which I accepted.

A solid interview and reasonable time-frame.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news and how did you do it?   1 Answer
  • Why are you looking to leave your current position?   1 Answer
  • What do you know about Liberty Mutual?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you provided great customer service to a customer?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you handled a coverage issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Huntersville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was excessive and unpleasant. The process took less than 2 weeks. I applied online then took an hour long assessment. I received an email within 3 days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted approx. 10 minutes with a couple of behavioral questions. Manager called me an hour later and I had another phone interview with her for about 30 minutes and she scheduled me for an in person interview 3 days later.

The on site interview was with 6 different managers and was two hours long. I had 2 separate interviews with 4 managers, then did a job shadow, then another interview with 2 more managers. Interview wasn't difficult, it was more conversational in nature but was just long. I was told if I was still interested in the position, to email the manager and the process would continue from there. I emailed the manager and received a response 2 days later stating they were going to pursue other candidates.

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. Before the interview process began, you have to take a series of assessments that deal with multi-tasking and general office tasks. The first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter then a week later an in person interview with 3 managers at the office. There was also a job shadow that took place there during that part of the interview process which lasted about 3 hours. A week later, another phone interview occurred with the same recruiter from the first call. I then got an offer the week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

It began with a 45-60 minute phone interview, which followed a two hour in person interview with 4 different supervisors, and ended with a final interview by two managers. After they extended the job offer, you're asked to submit paperwork for a background check (typical, you would think) - but just remember that it is an exhaustive background check. They kindly provide you with a copy of their findings, however.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience with a customer or employer; Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual? Negotiation and time management questions also were included.   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewer was very professional and scripted. There was no telling whether any kind of rapport was built. Interviewer was very nice and explained the opportunity for advancement, that the benefits are very good. Asked what I am currently making. Describe your current daily duties. Why Liberty Mutual. How I deliver bad news. Waiting on a call back. Said it would take a week for the information taken in interview to move on to next step.

Bodily Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed up with two separate in-person interviews with a team manager and current claim specialists. Each in-person interview lasted approximately forty five minutes to an hour. The interviewing panel asked assorted questions based on my resume and allowed ample time for explanation and elaboration of answers. Overall, it was a relatively stress-free process.

Bodily Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I actually went to the open house for claim positions where they actually did on the spot meet & greets with team managers. A few days after applying I received an email grom the recruiter for a face to face interview that following week. Most people get phone interviews but having been to the open house was a substitute for the phone interview. The 1st interview was about 45 mins and was a series of scenario questions. They are looking for a specific instance for each scenario and expect pretty in depth answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict with a peer in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer? How long would it take for you to make a contribution to Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They asked what salary I was comfortable with and gave me just that. The salary is extremely fair with benefits, bonuses, and advancement opportunities.

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview was basically behvioral based. Tell me about a time, yadda, yadda, yadda. The managers who interviewed me laid back and made me feel very comfortable. During the interview they asked me a techical insurance term, which was different because I never completed an interview where they actually tested my knowledge on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain Comparative Negligence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Initial contact was via telephone interview a few weeks after I applied. It was pretty brief, very general questions. Next they asked me to come in for an in person interview. I took a written "exam" that took about 20-30 minutes (situational set up and questions). Once that was done, the interviewer asked me a variety of behavioral based types of questions for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then he walked me around the office a little bit before telling me someone would call me. About 15 minutes later, they called me again to see if I could meet with another individual in the department so I drove back. After waiting for 10 minutes or so in a conference room, the second meeting lasted about 15 minutes and I was told someone would be in touch. It took about a month after that before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were difficult to answer immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Duluth, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online with Liberty Mutual in November, 2013. I received a phone call from the HR recruiter approximately 1 month later. We scheduled a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. The recruiter advised it would be approximately 2 weeks before I heard anything about moving forward. I received a call 2 days later to schedule an in person interview. The hiring manager I was scheduled to interview with was not present, so I interviewed with someone else instead. The interview took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer informed me that he would be going down a list of behavioral questions and would be taking notes while I was responding.   Answer Question