Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Disability Claims Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, first phone interview with recruiter then a interview with two in person interviewers mostly behavioral questions then i sat in with a disability case manager that worked there and they gave me the low down on the job and how to do it and then the interview with hire up manager

Technology Entry-Level Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. It comprised of two rounds -- the first was entirely behavioral, whereas the second was half behavioral, half technical. An important things to note is that during the technical part of the interview, no coding question were asked. The questions mostly pertained to your personal experiences with writing software and your general interests and experiences with software. All in all, a pleasant experience. All the interviewers were super friendly and great at responding to my questions in a comprehensive manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you learned a new programming language.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about fixing code when something is wrong?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience writing test cases?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a summer intern. I applied in early January and received first interview in early Feb. The first round is HR phone interview. All questions are behavior question and it lasts about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you help others in a course project.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process itself was very swift and organized, yet I was extremely surprised with the results. I was very confident that I did well with each interview step, especially my in person sessions- really connected with each interviewer- however they ended up not picking me for the position because of my lack of analytics experience which was not even mentioned in the job description and responsibilities as a requirement. I was extremely surprised why I was even considered for this position in the first place, as you could clearly tell my lack of analytics experience by looking at my resume. I've applied to multiple positions within Liberty and never seem to impress them enough to be part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you...   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized and they did not treat candidates with respect. It took the interview facilitator over a month to respond to my email. During the skype interview the interviewer was yawning. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under a deadline and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

First round interview was entirely basic behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when.."). Interviewer moved quickly though them so we could have a more direct conversation where I asked the majority of the questions. Would recommend coming with questions about LM and the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you looked for feedback from a supervisor? How did you take it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It's a pretty straightforward process. I applied for a software engineer position on their website and got a call from a recruiter a few days later. Afterwards I was brought in for an in person interview lasting about 4-5 hours. I met with some team members, a couple engineers and the hiring manager. Most questions were regarding past experience as well as how you dealt with various situations. The technical part of the interview is fairly easy. I was essentially given a laptop with a small project to do using whatever tech I wanted. If you know your stuff then you should do fairly well.

Interview Questions

• I was given a very small project to complete using whatever language/framework I desired.   Answer Question

ADPUS Consumer Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with an alumnus at Liberty Mutual. Basic behavioral interview with time for discussion and questions at the end. Brought in to Boston for superday. 2 Behavioral interviews and a case interview. Behavioral interviews focused on analytical skills and again had time to ask questions and have a conversation. The day also included a job shadow that was very laid back and helpful. Overall a great experience. Very well organized

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you analyzed a large amount of data   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through university job board. They did on campus recruiting which is where my first interview was. Afterwards, I was brought into the Boston office for two additional interviews that were 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with many things at a time and how you handled it   Answer Question

Analytics Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat down with someone who was on the team, easy enough interview. They allow you to apply to all of the programs directly, however, they will screen you and pick you for a certain position. Was given no background information about the interview until an hour beforehand, where they apologized profusely.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Liberty mutual
      Name a time that you had an incorrect data set, and a follow up: how did you fix it?
      One time you didn't see eye to eye with someone else
      Name on time you used quantitative analysis
      Walk me through your education
      Walk me through your relevant experience
      Answer Question