Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

232 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Four 40-minute interviews with hiring manager and their peers and one person in similar role to that which I applied. All very friendly and personable. One interviewer focused strictly on technical questions, many of which I found out-of-left-field based on job description and other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Generally, how would you approach problem X, with the goal of Y?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

In depth technical questions by the PM for an hour followed by the Director about my background and skills. The last one was with the manager with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself (with 3 adjectives)
      What would your employer say about you if I called (3 more adjectives)
      Elaborate on one of your strengths   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview a week after applying. Very nice person on the phone and the questions are very basic. Generally went over my resume and talk about what experience I have. Then received an on site interview with a manager. Went over my resume and was asked some behavior questions. Overall the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about how you used data analysis skill to solve a problem or make a suggestion   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

It consisted of a phone interview with HR, followed by one a week later with the hiring manager. After the phone interview with the hiring manager I was invited to interview in-person. It was a 90 minute interview with two people. Behavioral and fit questions were asked. After the in-person interview, it took roughly 3 weeks to hear back with an offer.

Senior Consultant - Corporate Strategy & Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a skills assessment online when applying then a quick phone screen with an HR rep that really had no clue about the role or the interview process going forward. In person interview with a person who would have been a peer. Person showed up 15 minutes late for what was scheduled to be a 45 minute discussion, she was not prepared at all regarding my background, did not know what room we were supposed to speak in, read 2 basic interview questions from a printed package then provided a case study to work on. Interview was extremely awkward with zero back and forth discussion. Interviewer never made eye contact and was very vague with the rather simply questions regarding the company and role I had. The entire process put negative light on what I perceived to be a great company. Even though I was not asked back for additional discussions, after what I experienced I highly doubt I would have agreed to come back anyway.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talent acquisition first, system error, so received interview only because I reached out to job holder. After phone interview, had in-person interview and presentation that included meetings with potential co-workers and cross-functional directors.

AVP-HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Really great interview process where I was able to talk to many members of the team. My recruiter was very responsive throughout and coordinated things well with no issues.

Interview Questions

• They follow a behavioral interviewing process to really understand if you'll be a cultural fit.   2 Answers

Disability Claims Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, first phone interview with recruiter then a interview with two in person interviewers mostly behavioral questions then i sat in with a disability case manager that worked there and they gave me the low down on the job and how to do it and then the interview with hire up manager

Technology Entry-Level Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. It comprised of two rounds -- the first was entirely behavioral, whereas the second was half behavioral, half technical. An important things to note is that during the technical part of the interview, no coding question were asked. The questions mostly pertained to your personal experiences with writing software and your general interests and experiences with software. All in all, a pleasant experience. All the interviewers were super friendly and great at responding to my questions in a comprehensive manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you learned a new programming language.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about fixing code when something is wrong?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience writing test cases?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst - Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The conversation was general, with very few pointed questions. Essentially, the interviewer sought to clarify why I was looking to leave my current position, and how my skills fit that of the Liberty position.
    I was asked to explain specific problem solving projects I'd been involved with.
    At the end of the interview, I was told that the recruiter would pass my resume on to the group manager. After three weeks, I have yet to receive a response, but do see that the application remains under review.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move on from your current role?   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary?   1 Answer
    • Explain a work-related situation which involved problem solving.   Answer Question