Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Four 40-minute interviews with hiring manager and their peers and one person in similar role to that which I applied. All very friendly and personable. One interviewer focused strictly on technical questions, many of which I found out-of-left-field based on job description and other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Generally, how would you approach problem X, with the goal of Y?   Answer Question

Claims Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by email on a Wednesday to have a phone interview the following day. That lasted about 30 mins. The recruiter was open to questions. Most of his questions were STAR style and a few behavioral. He then asked me my availablity for an in person interview. That was for the following Monday and lasted almost 2 hours. STAR questions again, kind of repetitive, a few behavioral. Sat with someone in that current role for about 15 mins. Then back into the office to discuss benefits & salary. Set a follow up email thanking them for their time a few hours later. On Wednesday morning was called and offered the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

In depth technical questions by the PM for an hour followed by the Director about my background and skills. The last one was with the manager with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself (with 3 adjectives)
      What would your employer say about you if I called (3 more adjectives)
      Elaborate on one of your strengths   Answer Question

Short Term Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email one week later asking if I could set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled the next morning at 9am so very little time to prepare. The phone interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. The questions were not very difficult they were basically questions to get to know you and they asked questions like give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer etc. After the phone interview I heard back 7 days later asking me to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled 2 weeks in advance so there was plenty of time to review. The in person interview lasted about an hour and a half to two hours. You go in and you meet with two managers one will scribe the interview and the other will ask the questions all of the questions are STAR questions. After about an hour of that you will be put with someone to observe you may take notes but try to retain as much information as you can because in 15 minutes you will be pulled back in with the two managers and they will ask you what you observed. After meeting with two managers I was brought into a room to meet the M2 which is the manager above the two who just interviewed. That goes on for about 15 minutes then you will meet with the two original managers to get your questions answered and talk more about the company. After the in person interview about a week later I received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to collect/analyze/organize sets of data, how did you do it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview a week after applying. Very nice person on the phone and the questions are very basic. Generally went over my resume and talk about what experience I have. Then received an on site interview with a manager. Went over my resume and was asked some behavior questions. Overall the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about how you used data analysis skill to solve a problem or make a suggestion   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Interview

Great interview process. Interviewers were friendly. All interviews were Skype interviews, I never went on campus. Questions were straight forward. Lots of behavioral questions. A few questions about my background in technology. About half of the interview was us talking about my technical experience although there were not any technical based questions. Nothing saying "set up this database" but some questions about my past experience with stats based

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

It consisted of a phone interview with HR, followed by one a week later with the hiring manager. After the phone interview with the hiring manager I was invited to interview in-person. It was a 90 minute interview with two people. Behavioral and fit questions were asked. After the in-person interview, it took roughly 3 weeks to hear back with an offer.

Senior Consultant - Corporate Strategy & Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a skills assessment online when applying then a quick phone screen with an HR rep that really had no clue about the role or the interview process going forward. In person interview with a person who would have been a peer. Person showed up 15 minutes late for what was scheduled to be a 45 minute discussion, she was not prepared at all regarding my background, did not know what room we were supposed to speak in, read 2 basic interview questions from a printed package then provided a case study to work on. Interview was extremely awkward with zero back and forth discussion. Interviewer never made eye contact and was very vague with the rather simply questions regarding the company and role I had. The entire process put negative light on what I perceived to be a great company. Even though I was not asked back for additional discussions, after what I experienced I highly doubt I would have agreed to come back anyway.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talent acquisition first, system error, so received interview only because I reached out to job holder. After phone interview, had in-person interview and presentation that included meetings with potential co-workers and cross-functional directors.

AVP-HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Really great interview process where I was able to talk to many members of the team. My recruiter was very responsive throughout and coordinated things well with no issues.

Interview Questions

• They follow a behavioral interviewing process to really understand if you'll be a cultural fit.   2 Answers