Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.2

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a request to schedule a telephone interview via email, 1 day after I submitted my application online. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. The recruiter was professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you give examples of doing teamwork at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Experienced Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through phone interview and in person interview. Told me the Regional Manager would be calling me to set up one last interview and never heard from them. Tried calling and emailing. Still nothing. Seems a little unprofessional to me. At least have the courtesy of calling back.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions plus questions based on sales experience.   Answer Question

Risk Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview involving basic questions regarding my work experience and 3 behavior based questions. I then went to Warrenville, IL for a final interview. This included an hour long interview with challenging behavior based questions and I was asked to prepare a presentation ahead of time to give to the manager and team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to use financial skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email after submitting application to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Interview was 15-20 mins long mostly behavioral questions.
    Was then contacted a day or so later to schedule an in person interview.
    The in person interview was with 2 managers asking mostly behavioral questions and a few looking to feel out your career goals. Interview lasted around 45 mins, then I was sat with a senior claims Representative to job shadow while the interviewers discussed my answers. About 15 mins later they came to get me and told me they would be in touch.
    The next day received an email to set up a time to talk with Regional Manager.
    Interview with regional was over the phone and more so to make sure the managers made a good decision. At the end of the phone call I received a verbal job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The position is non-negotiable

Auto Claims Resolution Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few times and at first was rejected for lack of experience. I thought this was odd because I've been working in Insurance for almost 4 years. I put in for an open house invite only interview and was emailed the next day about my prior application and asked to come into the open house.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a decision outside of your skill level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Took an onIine assessment test that takes about 45 - 60 mins. I then received an email for an "invite only" open house. I attended the open house. The first 30-45 minutes is a summary of the company. You get a general illustration of the claims process. They also tell you about the benefits. After that you go upstairs to the claim center. You get a quick overview of the daily process and observe. After that its back downstairs where you wait to be interviewed. The interview consisted of 3 individual management members. You interview one on one with all three. Mainly behavior questions you will need to answer. After the interview process is completed you get a sturdy handshake and told you will hear something in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handle a difficult situation where you had to tell the customer bad news?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to complete assessment, then was contacted by a recruiter who set up a time for a phone interview in 2 days.

Phone interview was easy, was asked various behavioral questions, and said that she would contact me if a manager was interested in moving forward.

Exactly one week later, I was contacted and scheduled for a face to face interview. Interview was with 2 managers; one manager was nice, the other was pretty cold and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. They asked basic behaviorial questions and were interested in my previous claims experience. They were asking a lot about what my previous employer's claims processes, what softwares they used, and their metric system.

They had me shadow a claims representative to see what they do. They mentioned that for this position, you would have to obtain your license within a week or so of hire, and then will be sent to their training site in Boston. Hours are typically 1st shift, Monday-Friday.

I was told they would contact me soon regardless of if I was chosen or not. Never heard back from them and it's been three weeks... that's the only reason why I would say it was a negative experience because you should atleast give the courtesy of contacting candidates to let them know if you're moving forward with them or not.... especially if you specifically say you will be contacting candidates regardless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, what was the situation, how did you resolve it and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was roughly an hour and a half. Very professional. Two hiring managers asking not so typical interview questions which has caught me off guard. Many questions about how I handled problems in my previous job and how i helped to build business for my previous employer. I don't think one could be prepared for the questions they will throw at you. Not difficult or impossible to answer but also not the type of interview you can come into with answers ready for typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle former staff from takin advantage of the company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview. Went to office and took a series of tests to guage your personality and if you will be a good fit which was followed
    By an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in insurance.   1 Answer

Auto Claims - Customer Claims Resolution Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Naperville, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter that went very well. Was asked at the end of the interview to come in the next morning for a interview with 2 managers. There was a 30 minute power point presentation regarding the company and the position. After that I did a 10 minute job shadow with a claims adjuster. Then I was sent to a conference room to interview with 2 managers.