Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. Online application, phone interview, panel interview with 3 managers, 2nd panel interview with 2 managers. Some managers were easy to talk with and made the interview process easier. Some managers were very particular with their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions such as prior work experiences, situational questions, customer services scenarios, how I would react with a particular situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

It was very straight forward process. I was taken into a room with several other candidates and was shown a brief power point over the company. Than we had our one on one screenings and followed by the formal interview. Standard questions that you would expect for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a customer complaint and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview with two team managers and a job shadow in between the two interviews - interview was average but was all STAR questions... handling difficult customers etc

Interview Questions

• STAR questions - LM is big on situational interview format   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Group Interview process at first, then narrowed down to 1 on 1. Formal process, but laid back and comfortable. Started with a phone interview, then was invited to an interview day in Wilmington, DE. The people were nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview by a current employee. I was sent an email with a log in for an online test. It tested your ability to multitask and retain information. It was a bit stressful, because I did not have any training on how claims work.
    The next step was the in person interview. It was a sit down with 2 managers. It was a small room with one table and a few chairs. They took my resume and asked me questions about my current position and previous employment. After that, they took me up to the claims dept. to be a part of the morning huddle. This is where they discussed a few open claims and all really worked together to make sure they were making the right call. (This is the part I did like, you could tell integrity was huge in this group of folks.)
    I did well enough that they asked me to work shadow an employee for an hour or so. (I was told by the current employee this means I was really impressing them and they wanted to see what kind of questions I asked.)
    The man I was put with was a bit scatter brained. I had handled claims and similar situations from a broker stand point before, so this was not a new concept to me. But even after explaining to him I was not new to insurance and claims, he proceeded to speak to me like I was new to the industry. ( I had worked in a property and casualty office for 3 years.) His phone rang and new emails and claims popped up on his screen, and he clicked off his phone and sat there jumping around to different uses of the programs they use. I asked a number of questions about what happens when you get a client who disagrees with the claims decision and how did he usually handle this?..He shared a story of a man who got upset but did not share the resolution process. He did not really answer a number of my questions. I was left with the feeling of - is there anyone else to sit with? I honestly felt he was taking this as an opportunity for a break instead of immersing me into the environment I was to be employed in. I was disappointed. I wanted to hear a phone call, watch him file and finish a claim, I wanted to see what he DOES.
    After this hour was completed. The 2 gals who sat with me initially came and retrieved me and asked how it went? I did not want to be negative, so I said it was great, and that I had many more questions. They escorted me out and said they would be giving me a call soon to notify me of their decision.
    I was notified via email 3 days later I was not selected. And they suggested I return for another interview for another position similar to this one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then test. She asked a lot about the past insurance company that I worked for. Questions I don't think I was suppose to be answering like how they measure our metrics,but very detailed. It been about three weeks, didn't hear from anyone, emailed the recruiter. I said it was a negative experience because no one told me if I got the job or not. Lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go out the way to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

application/phone interview/ in person interview/ background & credit check- lean.
    Be thorough
    advise of your experience in detail , answer all questions, they may ask you what a few codes mean.if you can't remember tell them what you do remember even if its not direct.

Interview Questions

• Be thorough
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Liberty Lake, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, did a phone interview, then was offered an in person interview. At the in person interview there was a job shadow part. Then I was offered a 3rd interview on the spot. Everyone was very nice. They were hard questions, but I prepped well. This is a stressful position. The whole interview process was about a month long. I was offered $38,400 for salary. The campus is very pretty.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a financial business decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boise, ID) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewer did a great job at making me feel comfortable and had a positive experience. Left feeling pretty good about how everything went and wouldn't change much about how it went.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided great customer service while managing the business interests at the same time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Carle Place, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

This was my first of now four interviews for a Claims Adjuster position, this was for the Claims Development Program.
    First Step was the initial phone screening where the recruiter goes over the resume, background, job details, and what to expect during the next steps in the process. I was then emailed a sheet that went over what to expect during the in person interview, included examples and tips for the Behavioral based STAR questions.
    The in person interview was a bit nerve-wracking for me being fresh out of college and going on my first real interview that revolved around alot of Behavioral based questions.
    I first met with two managers from one of the departments, they started off by asking a few questions regarding my resume and background and then went into the behavioral based questions which for me was the most difficult part of the interview because I was not comfortable facing these type of questions yet so I came off very reserved and unsure which ultimately I felt was a reason for me not receiving a offer. I interviewed with these two managers for about 15-20min and then we sat in a bit of awkward silence as it seemed they did not have anything else to say to me. After about another 20 minutes, one of the managers left to go see if the other manager was ready to interview me, this second interview went a bit more smoothly but was pretty much the same as the first, aside from learning about the different department. After this I job shadowed with two employees for about a half hour each(one from each department) this was a very knowledgeable experience because it was the first chance to get a true experience of what a day in this job consists of, even though they were busy both employees answered any questions I had and explained the job in good detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were in a group setting and had to overcome a difficult obstacle.   Answer Question