Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and took online assessment. Very easy. About three days later I received an email for the recruiter inviting me to a "open house" which was an invite only. First half of interview you learn about the benefits and company. After you have an interview with three different managers. All very friendly and easy to talk to. They told me I would hear something in about a week but the next day I offered the job. Background check is very extensive and they will check EVERYTHING.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone recruiter called and set appointment time. 20-30 minute phone screening with general questions and waited a few weeks and got call back. Scheduled meeting with hiring manager and claims department supervisor and another supervisor and had good conversation

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time wherein you disagreed with a Supervisor's directive and was able to resolve an angry customer's complaint   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two sets of interviews with two interviewers with largely the same 5-7 questions. Met with the HR representative. A floor walk to see the different departments related to claims. A short side by side with a current claims adjuster.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume from earliest to current employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. Online application, phone interview, panel interview with 3 managers, 2nd panel interview with 2 managers. Some managers were easy to talk with and made the interview process easier. Some managers were very particular with their questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions such as prior work experiences, situational questions, customer services scenarios, how I would react with a particular situation   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

It was very straight forward process. I was taken into a room with several other candidates and was shown a brief power point over the company. Than we had our one on one screenings and followed by the formal interview. Standard questions that you would expect for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a customer complaint and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview with two team managers and a job shadow in between the two interviews - interview was average but was all STAR questions... handling difficult customers etc

Interview Questions

• STAR questions - LM is big on situational interview format   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Group Interview process at first, then narrowed down to 1 on 1. Formal process, but laid back and comfortable. Started with a phone interview, then was invited to an interview day in Wilmington, DE. The people were nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview by a current employee. I was sent an email with a log in for an online test. It tested your ability to multitask and retain information. It was a bit stressful, because I did not have any training on how claims work.
    The next step was the in person interview. It was a sit down with 2 managers. It was a small room with one table and a few chairs. They took my resume and asked me questions about my current position and previous employment. After that, they took me up to the claims dept. to be a part of the morning huddle. This is where they discussed a few open claims and all really worked together to make sure they were making the right call. (This is the part I did like, you could tell integrity was huge in this group of folks.)
    I did well enough that they asked me to work shadow an employee for an hour or so. (I was told by the current employee this means I was really impressing them and they wanted to see what kind of questions I asked.)
    The man I was put with was a bit scatter brained. I had handled claims and similar situations from a broker stand point before, so this was not a new concept to me. But even after explaining to him I was not new to insurance and claims, he proceeded to speak to me like I was new to the industry. ( I had worked in a property and casualty office for 3 years.) His phone rang and new emails and claims popped up on his screen, and he clicked off his phone and sat there jumping around to different uses of the programs they use. I asked a number of questions about what happens when you get a client who disagrees with the claims decision and how did he usually handle this?..He shared a story of a man who got upset but did not share the resolution process. He did not really answer a number of my questions. I was left with the feeling of - is there anyone else to sit with? I honestly felt he was taking this as an opportunity for a break instead of immersing me into the environment I was to be employed in. I was disappointed. I wanted to hear a phone call, watch him file and finish a claim, I wanted to see what he DOES.
    After this hour was completed. The 2 gals who sat with me initially came and retrieved me and asked how it went? I did not want to be negative, so I said it was great, and that I had many more questions. They escorted me out and said they would be giving me a call soon to notify me of their decision.
    I was notified via email 3 days later I was not selected. And they suggested I return for another interview for another position similar to this one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then test. She asked a lot about the past insurance company that I worked for. Questions I don't think I was suppose to be answering like how they measure our metrics,but very detailed. It been about three weeks, didn't hear from anyone, emailed the recruiter. I said it was a negative experience because no one told me if I got the job or not. Lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go out the way to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

application/phone interview/ in person interview/ background & credit check- lean.
    Be thorough
    advise of your experience in detail , answer all questions, they may ask you what a few codes mean.if you can't remember tell them what you do remember even if its not direct.

Interview Questions

• Be thorough
      Answer Question