Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to Liberty by an employee that's a friend of mine. Applied, got an email about a week or so later about a phone screening, very nice HR person, asked a couple questions (mostly behavioral) asked me about myself and why I would be great for the position, on the phone set up a one on one interview that was actually a group interview. Interview was set up for a week later, went in they talked about the company, had a one on one with a manager, did a job shadow and then did another one on one with another manager. Was told I would hear something in about a week. Only been a couple days so waiting to hear something. Fingers crossed!! Would really love to work here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

Very long process but well worth it.
    First step was the online application: math, grammar, simulation, personality quiz included
    Second step interview with recruiter: Be friendly, excited, interesting, personable. This job includes a lot of phone interactions, therefore it's probably very important to have good phone skills. Most questions asked were situational questions. They want to see how well and articulately you can answer a question. Be specific and detailed give good examples. Look up examples and have solid situations prepared.
    Third step: In person interview with the hiring manager. Same as above.
    Offer: will do a background check
    YOU'RE IN!!!
    * remember not every situation is going to be the same. lots of reviews on glassdoor state that if the recruiter likes you they will offer you a in person interview right after the phone interview. This didn't occur in my case. I got the offer a week later (probably when they had finished phone interviews with all the candidates) So stay positive and treat glass door as a guide not the Bible.

Interview Questions

• How do you satisfy a customer when you can't give them what they want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New Castle, PA).

Interview

Interview was very easy. they asked very typical customer service questions (ex: have you ever/what would you do in this situation). they have someone call and you answer the phone like you would while working there. just be nice and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email after submitting application to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Interview was 15-20 mins long mostly behavioral questions.
    Was then contacted a day or so later to schedule an in person interview.
    The in person interview was with 2 managers asking mostly behavioral questions and a few looking to feel out your career goals. Interview lasted around 45 mins, then I was sat with a senior claims Representative to job shadow while the interviewers discussed my answers. About 15 mins later they came to get me and told me they would be in touch.
    The next day received an email to set up a time to talk with Regional Manager.
    Interview with regional was over the phone and more so to make sure the managers made a good decision. At the end of the phone call I received a verbal job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The position is non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Fill application online. Did a 3 part test. First, they give you a problem and you would have to select the solution, second part was a call center simulator, where you pretend to be the rep, and the third part was questions/statements about your personality/behavior. I received a email for phone interview, provided 2 different times and dates I was available, and they schedule the interview outside my availability, the sent me a email back with the confirmed time and date. I accepted anyway. No one never called me for the phone interview after time was confirmed. I follow up with 2 emails and a phone call, I didn't receive a reply back nor a call. I thought it was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview with someone from HR in Columbus, OH, then was set up for an in person interview at the office locally. I met with 2 managers and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. I felt really comfortable, answered everything easily, felt great about it. After the interview, I began receiving emails from Liberty Mutual to review someone who DID NOT interview me. I thought this was odd.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first who was nice, then met with the hiring managers who read off of a sheet of paper while someone else took notes. They seemed very nice and they had me sit down with someone who was currently doing the job and explain a little bit about the position itself, then when I went in for the actual interview they asked me what the job entailed based on what I had just learned.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions

• They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with management, but did not do anything about it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, received a request for a phone interview on Wednesday, had the phone interview the next day. Had an in person interview the next day on Friday. Following Tuesday received an email requesting a background check. And on Monday of the following week received an offer!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, read up on the company, do your homework. Be prepared to answer situational questions in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was solid