Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

Very long process but well worth it.
First step was the online application: math, grammar, simulation, personality quiz included
Second step interview with recruiter: Be friendly, excited, interesting, personable. This job includes a lot of phone interactions, therefore it's probably very important to have good phone skills. Most questions asked were situational questions. They want to see how well and articulately you can answer a question. Be specific and detailed give good examples. Look up examples and have solid situations prepared.
Third step: In person interview with the hiring manager. Same as above.
Offer: will do a background check
YOU'RE IN!!!
* remember not every situation is going to be the same. lots of reviews on glassdoor state that if the recruiter likes you they will offer you a in person interview right after the phone interview. This didn't occur in my case. I got the offer a week later (probably when they had finished phone interviews with all the candidates) So stay positive and treat glass door as a guide not the Bible.

Interview Questions

• How do you satisfy a customer when you can't give them what they want.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New Castle, PA).

Interview

Interview was very easy. they asked very typical customer service questions (ex: have you ever/what would you do in this situation). they have someone call and you answer the phone like you would while working there. just be nice and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email after submitting application to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Interview was 15-20 mins long mostly behavioral questions.
    Was then contacted a day or so later to schedule an in person interview.
    The in person interview was with 2 managers asking mostly behavioral questions and a few looking to feel out your career goals. Interview lasted around 45 mins, then I was sat with a senior claims Representative to job shadow while the interviewers discussed my answers. About 15 mins later they came to get me and told me they would be in touch.
    The next day received an email to set up a time to talk with Regional Manager.
    Interview with regional was over the phone and more so to make sure the managers made a good decision. At the end of the phone call I received a verbal job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The position is non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Fill application online. Did a 3 part test. First, they give you a problem and you would have to select the solution, second part was a call center simulator, where you pretend to be the rep, and the third part was questions/statements about your personality/behavior. I received a email for phone interview, provided 2 different times and dates I was available, and they schedule the interview outside my availability, the sent me a email back with the confirmed time and date. I accepted anyway. No one never called me for the phone interview after time was confirmed. I follow up with 2 emails and a phone call, I didn't receive a reply back nor a call. I thought it was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview with someone from HR in Columbus, OH, then was set up for an in person interview at the office locally. I met with 2 managers and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. I felt really comfortable, answered everything easily, felt great about it. After the interview, I began receiving emails from Liberty Mutual to review someone who DID NOT interview me. I thought this was odd.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first who was nice, then met with the hiring managers who read off of a sheet of paper while someone else took notes. They seemed very nice and they had me sit down with someone who was currently doing the job and explain a little bit about the position itself, then when I went in for the actual interview they asked me what the job entailed based on what I had just learned.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions

• They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with management, but did not do anything about it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, received a request for a phone interview on Wednesday, had the phone interview the next day. Had an in person interview the next day on Friday. Following Tuesday received an email requesting a background check. And on Monday of the following week received an offer!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, read up on the company, do your homework. Be prepared to answer situational questions in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was solid

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

PLEASE READ AS I JUST INTERVIEWED A FEW DAYS AGO!

Applied online, rcved call from recruiter a few weeks later. 30 min phone screen, advised be specific as possible. She will schedule the interview right then and there if she is interested. Be ready to answer some behavioral based questions via phone. If the recruiter is not interested she will say "I will forward this to our hiring manager." This means she is not interested in you. The intial interview is with four other people. Something they call "batch day." They will take you into a room and show you a powerpoint presentation about the comapny. It is good information but make sure that you do study the company before you go.
    After that the group splits up into different roles. One will interview with the manager one will job shadow and one will take the assessment. I was the first one to interview. The interview questions are behavioral type questions, and they want you to be very specific. Most of the interview questions on here are what they asked so make sure you have some type of senarios in your head to give. After I interviewed with one manager i Job shadowed with an employee. Ask questions!!! After that I interviewed with another manager and took my assesment. The assesment consists of reading codes.. this is the only one that is kinda difficult, just pay attention read the directions closely and you should be fine. The second assement is like a call simulation... so the customer calls in u enter the appropriate information. That one is easy if you have had call center experience.. and if not its really not that diffcult. After that you have a personality assessment. These are all via computer and you have 10 min for the first one, 30 for the second one, and no time limit on the personality one. Be prepared to be here for a few hours. I got there at 830 and left at 12. It was tiring. But liberty mutual is a good company.
    I rcved an email requesting more information for my background check a few hours later.. so that is your clue that you were selected.

Interview Questions

• Interview process is lengthy and very detailed.. be prepared to give some good impressive examples. What motivates you to go to work? Why Should I hire you? Why liberty mutual? Name a time you had to give complex instructions to someone? Name a time you took lead of a situation? What would your boss say is your weakness/ strengths? Name a time you had to give bad news to someone? Name a time you had to make a decision off little information? Where do you see yourself in the future?   3 Answers

Negotiation

It just depends on experience, but the entry level starting salary is good.